New OMV Build + New CPU New MBO

• Hello,

I'm in a process of renew my hardware except the disk drives.
    My need are basically: torrent files, file share, Streaming and Virtualization of 1 or 2 machines.

The MBO i find an ASROCk with 6 sata, that is what i need, but my doubt is in my cpu. I want to use a low TDP if possible of course.

In your opinion what is the best CPU that i can use. Basically this are not all day running process. The virtual machines will be using during day time, and streaming file share operations will be using at the end of day.

The 24x7 will be the transmission.

Thanks for your help.

• What you can do to reduce the thermals is underclock your CPU. This means running it at a lower clock speed than it's supposed to run at. It would still require a motherboard that allows you to adjust the board multiplier, but even non-K (overclockable) CPUs can be underclocked. This way you wouldn't hit as high speeds, which would mean lower power draw and lower heat output.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!