• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, just tried the install and get the following;

Code
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-docker
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-machines
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-packagekit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-storaged

But, it does install the first set of commands, searching, the option seems to be to add the following to the etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    deb  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main
    deb-src  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main
    • Offizieller Beitrag

But, it does install the first set of commands, searching, the option seems to be to add the following to the etc/apt/sources.list

You have to have backports enabled to install cockpit - https://packages.debian.org/se…on=names&keywords=cockpit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, must have missed the memo and it installs with backports.

It will install with the PPA or backports. The version in the PPA is old though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I install backports on armbian?

You click the enable backports button in omv-extras.

• Offizieller Beitrag

enabling this results in a popup with "communication failure", and endless waiting while its tries to enable.

Your system is struggling with apt-get update then. Post the output of (run as root): apt-get update

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

enabling this results in a popup with "communication failure", and endless waiting while its tries to enable.

Mine did the same, after 10 mins of watching 'enabling backports' I refreshed the page, then carried on with the install, and it's working.

• had to delete some of it because of posting limit - hope this makes sense

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can ignore the weakref.py issue. There are many posts about this in the forum.

To fix it
    get -O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py

Regarding the multiple listing you can commend in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

• Offizieller Beitrag

hope this makes sense

Remove the backports line from /etc/apt/sources.list

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Ok thanks for that. Errors are gone. But installation fails

Code
    root@server:/etc/apt# apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils                                                                             
    Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                  
    Building dependency tree                                                                                                                       
    Reading state information... Done                                                                                                              
    Package qemu-kvm is not available, but is referred to by another package.                                                                      
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or                                                                              
    is only available from another source                                                                                                          

E: Package 'qemu-kvm' has no installation candidate
  • Package 'qemu-kvm' has no installation candidate

Do you really need the virtualization stuff?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must be installing on an arm system?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, was just following the Cockpit install video from Technodadlife.
    I skipped this step (virtualization), and Cockpit is now installed
    Thanks for your help!

Not sure why Debian doesn't package the qemu-kvm package but most people probably would never create an arm virtual machine.

• Man I was looking just for that!
    I have 2 questions:
    1) Does cockpit manage history too? Or does it show the usage from only when you open the webpage?
    2) Why do you need to install the qemu-kvm? Do I need it even if I don't need to manage any virtual machines?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!