OMV does not start anymore...

• Had Openmediavault up and running, then installed docker and zoneminder, everything was fine. Played around with zoneminder yesterday and at some point the openmediavault web interface was gone. Looking at /var/www/openmediavault showed that the directory was empty - all the php files where gone 8|

And even worse:

Code
    root@Servomat:~# omv-firstaid
    -bash: omv-firstaid: command not found.

So ist looks like path or binaries got messed up, too. I just don't have a clue what's going on here...

Edit: Zoneminder is up and running, and as it is running as a docker image and docker is installed to OMV, this seems to be even more strange :S

Thanks for reading...

• Offizieller Beitrag

There seem to be problems with new kernels and omvextras sometimes:

The kernels and omv-extras have nothing to do with omv-firstaid. if omv-firstaid doesn't exist, that means the openmediavault package itself is not installed (or completely installed). What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Even worse, what about the OMV config? RAID data?

If the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml database is gone, your config is gone. You could restore from backup if you have one. Raid data will not be removed because of OMV being uninstalled. The data disks should be untouched. If you have to reinstall OMV, just mount the filesystems, recreate users and shared folders, and setup services again.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The kernels and omv-extras have nothing to do with omv-firstaid. if omv-firstaid doesn't exist, that means the openmediavault package itself is not installed (or completely installed). What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

If the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml database is gone, your config is gone. You could restore from backup if you have one. Raid data will not be removed because of OMV being uninstalled. The data disks should be untouched. If you have to reinstall OMV, just mount the filesystems, recreate users and shared folders, and setup services again.

Thank you for your help!

The output looks like this (not good):

Code
    root@Servomat:~# systemctl status openmediavault-engined
    ● openmediavault-engined.service
       Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
       Active: inactive (dead)
  • 8o

Webinterface working now. :thumbup:

Now I have to workout how to get Docker back into the OMV interface. Docker is still running, as is Zoneminder.
    I really would like to know how all this trouble was caused. Until I installed Docker / ZM I never had any issues with OMV 4.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's possible to have Docker installed on the command line, without the Docker plugin. How that happened or why the Docker plugin was installed but is not in the GUI now, may be next to impossible to to explain (especially from remote).

When all is working well, it's best to clone your boot drive. If something like this happens in the future, having a known good/working fallback (the clone) is a lot easier than trying to figure out the "inexplicable".

The first thing I'd do is backup the OS then:
    You might be able to reinstall the Docker plugin, where the image and the running container should reappear in the plugin. (And if something goes sideways you'd have your clone.)

If you're running a RAID array without backup - losing your data is just a matter of time.
    Start thinking "Backup". Sooner is better than later. Later may be too late.

• I think I have figured out what actually caused all the trouble - it started after generating / activating a "purge when full" filter, set to 70%. Though ZM had almost 2TB to write to, the filter seems to be dodgy:

• Capturing events did not work properly, some events were not recorded
    • After viewing a event, it was deleted instantly
    • It looks like the filter did not only delete the clips, but ran amok on my system

Maybe I have configured the filter the wrong way or maybe there were some other config effects - but without this filter everything seems to work just fine.
    As the ZM manual states - be careful with the "Purge when full" filter. Seems to be even more important if you run ZM with OMV...

• Offizieller Beitrag

it started after generating / activating a "purge when full" filter, set to 70%

OK.. :) Since I'm not aware of a "purge when full - filter", in OMV, do tell me what it is.
    A script? Something to do with a Docker?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!