HP 320GB ioDrive Duo and smart

• Hello,
    I installed an HP 320GB ioDrive Duo (Fusion-io ioDrive Duo) on my server. When I try to see smart disk status I get the following error

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; smartctl -x '/dev/fioa' 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.15.18-9-pve] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org /dev/fioa: Unable to detect device type Please specify device type with the -d option. Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; smartctl -x '/dev/fioa' 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.15.18-9-pve] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org

/dev/fioa: Unable to detect device type
    Please specify device type with the -d option.

Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary
    in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc:161
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(193): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getData()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(377): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getAttributes()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smart.inc(86): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getTemperature()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmart->enumerateDevices(NULL, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smart.inc(165): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateDevice...', NULL, Array)
    #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmart->getList(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatustW...', '/tmp/bgoutputr3...')
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smart.inc(200): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('getList', Array, Array)
    #12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmart->getListBg(Array, Array)
    #13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getListBg', Array, Array)
    #15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Smart', 'getListBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #16 {main}

I know this device does not have smart support, but I do not know how to tell the system to ignore it.
    Has anyone had a similar problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know this device does not have smart support, but I do not know how to tell the system to ignore it.
    Has anyone had a similar problem?

I have a card as well but I use it with ESXi. The fio backend needs to have smart support disabled like this. I would file an issue on github.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Work, thank you very much.

I have some small ideas about raid controller hp p410 and fusionio device.
    Unfortunately I do not understand the structure of openmediavault but I can help with bash scripts and tests.

I have been using openmediavault for almost 3 years and I will be glad if I can help to develop.

How can I help?

• For controller hp p410
    Have a plugin for OMV 4 and newer versions
    Monitoring raid array
    Smart disk monitoring in raid array
    Notify for problem with raid array or smart disk on raid array.

For Fusion-io I was thinking about statistics and monitoring.
    Currently I use:
    - Original SanDisk drivers source and statistics tools.
    - proxmox kernel - the one that came with OMV had a problem compiling the driver or loading the driver.

I thought there were statistics, but I still collect information about what should be seen on the Fusion-io device.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For controller hp p410
    Have a plugin for OMV 4 and newer versions
    Monitoring raid array
    Smart disk monitoring in raid array
    Notify for problem with raid array or smart disk on raid array.

The problem here is that the OMV storage backend does not support that, so you need to enhance the backend (which i tried, but failed because it makes everything very complex and resuts in ugly code, so dropped it because it is not that hardware that is used in a SOHO NAS). So the only possible way seems to be to implement everything on your own for a special plugin for this raid controller.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!