Error applying FTP configurations (activate sftp) [omv0.5.6]

• hey,

i activated the ftp service itself with no secure connection and i can access it just fine, but when i select 'Enable SSL/TLS connections', choose the certificate and press the green button to apply the configurations it retrieves the following error:

did i do something wrong?
    i only used the system->certificates webinterface function to generate a certificate for the https access and the sftp access.
    with the https access i didn't have any problems, but the sftp is getting me a hard time. :S

• The error says it cant find the certificate

Code
    /etc/ssl/certs/86dd8dfd-9948-4d60-90d9-0c3dc11d0ba5.crt

Are you sure you selected the certificate correct? What is the output of the following command

Code
    ls -la /etc/ssl/certs/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• hi David,
    there isn't much to "select" from, the list only shows one entry, which is the only one i have created(/generated) so far. so, yes, i'm sure i selected the correct one.
    i did the same procedure with the https (as i said before) and had no problems what-so-ever. they're practically the same and are fairly simple.. (1)select the flag saying 'enable secure connection(ssh)', (2)choose the certificate, (3)click the save button and then the (4)apply configurations button.

the command you told me to execute returns a load of lines.. so i made it a bit smaller for you.

Code
    root@safgatef:/# cd /etc/ssl/certs/
    root@safgatef:/etc/ssl/certs# ls *86dd*
    openmediavault-86dd8dfd-9948-4d60-90d9-0c3dc11d0ba5.crt
    root@safgatef:/etc/ssl/certs#

returns something interesting.. right? :P

thanks for your feedback,
    Daniel

• Please give me the full directory, not just the ls for '*uuid*'.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Please give me the full directory, not just the ls for '*uuid*'.

Greetings
    David

how is that relevant, mate? how is the rest of the files present in the 'cert' directory relevant to find the origin of the problem?
    you can clearly see that the file '86dd8dfd-9948-4d60-90d9-0c3dc11d0ba5.crt' does not exist in the directory, what exists in the directory is a file called 'openmediavault-86dd8dfd-9948-4d60-90d9-0c3dc11d0ba5.crt'.

thank you,
    Daniel

• Edit: Nevermind, but:

Code
    root@chap:/etc/ssl/certs# ls -la 4a2a*
    -rw-r----- 1 root root 1709 29. Mär 01:07 4a2a32c1-180c-4311-8b32-8cfc4b0b0348.crt
    root@chap:/etc/ssl/certs# ls -la *4a2a*
    -rw-r----- 1 root root 1709 29. Mär 01:07 4a2a32c1-180c-4311-8b32-8cfc4b0b0348.crt
    -rw-r----- 1 root root 1709  9. Jul 17:26 openmediavault-4a2a32c1-180c-4311-8b32-8cfc4b0b0348.crt
    root@chap:/etc/ssl/certs#

You're missing the certificate. Delete it and readd it.

Greetings
    David

• ok, when i tryed to delete the certificate i got a new error:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/crontab/job[uuid='86dd8dfd-9948-4d60-90d9-0c3dc11d0ba5'])' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:504
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/certificatemgmt.inc(252): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->deleteConfigObjectByPath('//system/cronta...', 'org.openmediava...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCertificateMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('CertificateMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

thank you,
    Daniel

• another thing i just noticed while "playing" around with generating certificates is that the other 2 new certificates i generated both gave me errors when i tryed to open the 'details' by pressing the detail button.

• Zitat von "lyanthros"

another thing i just noticed while "playing" around with generating certificates is that the other 2 new certificates i generated both gave me errors when i tryed to open the 'details' by pressing the detail button.

hmm.. if the magic green button.. isn't pressed to generate the certificates ofc i can't check out the details... but shouldn't it notice it hadn't applyed the configurations yet...?
    anyway... currently i can check the details but i can't delete any of the 3 certificates i generated...

• I remember that someone had this problem too, but I can't find the thread right now. Seems to be a general problem that may needs another look.

Greetings
    David

Edit: Can you use them now under SFTP?

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

I remember that someone had this problem too, but I can't find the thread right now. Seems to be a general problem that may needs another look.

Greetings
    David

Edit: Can you use them now under SFTP?

in which version? 0.4? or 0.5?

nop, it still gives me the same error, but now referenciating the new certificate:

• He had this problem with 0.5 but instead he was trying to activate https/ssl.

Greetings
    David

• I have the excat same problem with my installation...

Just to show its not a one time thing

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• the problem in my installation is that when adding the ssl feature for FTP and choose the only certificate i have made it looks for it here:

'/etc/ssl/certs/736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.crt'

when i do i "find / -iname '*.crt' it says the crt file is here:

/etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.crt

it shows that the files names are not the same. The certificat you create in the web console has "openmediacault" and then ti guid and for some reason the ssl feature of the ftp setup doesn't know this..

hope this helped

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• That is not the problem as i showed already, because if it works correct it creates the certificate twice, once with openmediavault and once without.

Greetings
    David

• which omv version did you get the problem? and was it a clean installation?

• Hi David,

It may be what its programmed to do but i doesn't look like that's what is happening. I only have the cert with openmediavault name with it.. not without..

here is all crt files on my box:

So clearly the file is not being create..

so i solved the issue by doing this command (bear in mind that you can't copy paste my command since your crt filename will be different)

Code
    cp /etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.crt /etc/ssl/certs/736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.crt
    cp /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.key /etc/ssl/private/736cd54e-a668-40f6-aed9-4a59f3605d99.key

now i don't get the error.. due some heavy file copying i'm doing right now i'm not set to test it though.. could someone do that for me perhaps?

But David it clearly shows that in my case the file without openmediavault was NOT created.. not the crt or key file..

I'm running the newst OMV - installed it yestoday :)

About me:

Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• Zitat von "offerlam"

I'm running the newst OMV - installed it yestoday :)

ye, then its the same problem.

i'm inclined towards it being the sequence in which we make omw create the certificates. but, i'm not entirely sure.
    i think i'm going to reinstall it again and see if i can replicate the error one more time.

• Pleassssse use code boxes it makes the posts way more readable!

Would edit it myself but only online with my phone right now...

Greetings
    David

PS: I think Volker needs to have a look at this...

• chill, mate. :P he might not know how to do it, or simply might not have noticed it.

i haven't had time to do that re-installation from scratch to see if i can replicate the error exactly how it happened..
    if i do manage to replicate it.. i might open a ticket on the bug tracker, so volker has a look at it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!