Windows MB with Linux drivers - - I'm in a little over my head on this issue

• Maybe I have the cart before the horse but hopefully this thread will help clear up my confusion.

I have just received my MB for an OMV4 NAS build. The MB is AMD based and it is a windows motherboard. It is a ASRock AB350 Pro4 motherboard. I just spoke with ASRock to answer a few other questions and during our conversation on a few subjects they told me that I would need Linux drivers since the AB350 Pro4 is a windows board.

Can someone zero me in regarding whether or not I actually do need Linux drivers, which drivers and where to get those drivers, instructions on how to install, and anything else I would need to know to not screw up the objective of this new OMV4 NAS build.

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• I would just try and install and see what happens. If it fails try the latest debian installer and then install OMV on top.

You might need to go into bios (uefi) and disable secure boot or something.

Thanks for replying. I'm still waiting for more parts. My method of madness with this thread was to try to get my ducks in a row and then go for it in a few weeks. However . . . ALSO . . . I wanted to make certain that I am okay with this motherboard before ordering a few more integral components. The ASRock tech guy put me on the defensive, now I'm scrambling a bit.

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Phoronix says it is a linux-friendly board - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.…m=asrock-ab350-pro4&num=1. So, OMV 4.x should be ok on it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Phoronix says it is a linux-friendly board - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.…m=asrock-ab350-pro4&num=1. So, OMV 4.x should be ok on it.

EXCELLENT! Thank you so much ryecoaaron. The effort on your part to discern is much respected and appreciated. That took a load off my mind.

• Here's a mini-review from the Phoronix website for your motherboard, that says your motherboard works with Linux in general. Phoronix is a Linux resource site, so if its listed as Linux friendly there, it should be able to work with OMV (which is Debian Linux underneath the OMV specific parts). Generally, as @donh says, you can simply install OMV, and the drivers will install themselves. Running update from the web UI after install will help ensure you have the most current ones.

Phoronix Review ASRock AB350 Pro4

Edit: Oops looks like @ryecoaaron posted the same link first while I was writing this. That's what I get for typing slow!

• Here's a mini-review from the Phoronix website for your motherboard, that says your motherboard works with Linux in general. Phoronix is a Linux resource site, so if its listed as Linux friendly there, it should be able to work with OMV (which is Debian Linux underneath the OMV specific parts). Generally, as @donh says, you can simply install OMV, and the drivers will install themselves. Running update from the web UI after install will help ensure you have the most current ones.

Phoronix Review ASRock AB350 Pro4

Cool.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!