Plex transcoding won't work after changing to j5005

• Hello,

maybe someone has had the same issue and can help me to solve my issue.

I bought a new Intel j5005 motherboard and installed debian 9 in uefi mode and then installed omv4. When I'm using plex(installed from OMV Extras) transcoding won't work at all. Everytime it crashes even before trying to transcode.

Before I used the Intel n3150 and transcoding worked flawless. I installed everything from scratch. No Backups used.

Are there known issued with the j5005 processor? Or whatever could be the issue Plex won't transcode anything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I'm using plex(installed from OMV Extras) transcoding won't work at all. Everytime it crashes even before trying to transcode.

TBH honest Plex users have gone to Docker and there is a video about how to install it in the Guides section.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Is there a reason why I should go to Docker with Plex? And how it would solve my transcoding problem that I have with the new processor? 2 weeks ago when the nas was running with the Intel N3150 it worked. So why it isn't working with the J5005?

• It's /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/plexmediaserver

The most likely explanation is that hard drive is not mounted exec capable. Is it? Post your /etc/fstab file contents if you are not sure.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I think it is but I'm not a pro. Is it?

Thats what written in the fstab

Code
    /dev/disk/by-label/NAS /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=v$
  • That drive is mounted noexec which breaks the transcoder. Fix it as follows:

Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and look in the <fstab> section for the <mntent> subsection that applies to that drive.

On the <opts> line change noexec to exec and save the file.

As root in the shell run the following command:

omv-mkconf fstab

Look at /etc/fstab again and verify that noexec was changed to exec.

Run the following command as root or reboot the machine:

mount -a

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!