How to upgrade ?

• Hi.
    Is there a way to upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.x without loosing seetings and data ?
    I'm running omv 2.x with a large software raid 6 managed by omv (with the ext4 data-partition), a lot of shared folders, a few users and the following plugins: plex, SABnzbd, Jdownloader and cups.
    The system itself runs on a small raid1 partition (hardware-raid).

I read that I have to do a complete new install of the systemdisk with omv 4.
    How can I keep my settings (esp. the raid config and shared folders / users) ?

I think the 4 plungins shoud be no problem, cups is available for 4.x and plex, SABnzbd and jdownloader can be installed with docker.

thx.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Upgrading doesn't cause you to lose settings or data BUT the upgrade from 2.x -> 3.x is difficult.

If you do a fresh install, there is no way to keep your settings. You would have to re-setup the system.

All four of your plugins should be moved to docker. While a cups and plex plugin exist on OMV 4.x, I don't recommend using them.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!