NFS and ZFS: Access Denied By Server

• Resolution: Apparently NFS doesn't like the "all hosts" subnet of 0.0.0.0/0, I was able to find this out by looking at the journal of the service nfs-mountd which was complaining of "refused mount request from 192.168.1.42 for /export/movies (/export/movies): unmatched host" since it was interpreting 0.0.0.0 as an actual subnet. Silly me.

I'm now trying to get NFS to work so that I can get Kodi working on my Nvidia Shield. I know NFS is a little wonky with ZFS and you have to mount the datasets themselves, and not the root of the pool (for example sharing /mnt/storage, won't make /mnt/storage/movies accessible). So after some momentary confusion in the NFS GUI ("select the device you want, now select the path you want", since my device is my path I figured out I had to put / for the path) I have my share exported, and it's visible, I just can't mount it on my laptop and I can't figure out why. I know the Arch wiki suggests using bind mounts for ZFS, but I never had to do that and I've always just exported the directories/datasets directly and had no issues.

Code
    [bran@mediavault ~]$ cat /etc/exports  
    /export/movies 0.0.0.0/0(fsid=1,rw,subtree_check,insecure,crossmnt)
    /export 0.0.0.0/0(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

local mount and bind mounts

Code
    [bran@mediavault ~]$ mount|grep movies
    storage/movies on /mnt/storage/movies type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,noacl)
    storage/movies on /export/movies type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,noacl,_netdev)
    storage/movies on /sharedfolders/movies type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,noacl)

The bind mount is clearly accessible on the host

Code
    [bran@mediavault ~]$ ls /export/movies/X2\ \(2003\)/
    X2 (2003) Remux-2160p.mkv

Yet it refuses to mount from my laptop for some reason

There are no errors in dmesg or journalctl on either my laptop or OMV so I'm at a loss currently.

• I saw a similar blunder (mount.nfs: get to denied by server while mounting...) and the issue was fixed by - o v3 choice as follows:
    $ sudo mount - o v3 a-nfs-server:/way/to/send out/way/to/mount
    Server is Ubuntu 14.04 64bit LTS.
    Customer is CentOS 6.5 64bit.

Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!