[RESOLVED] Can't see shares

• Hello,

I am struggling with a strange problem with creating samba shares.
    What I have did so far:

* Create a mdadm RAID 5
    * Created a EXT4 FS
    * Created a user "tobias".
    * Added a shared folder "public". Granted read/write permissions to user "tobias"
    * Activated Samba, added a samba share called "public"

Then I tried to access that folder from my ubuntu system to test by typing

Code
    smbclient -L 192.168.1.60 --authentication-file=./.smbcredentials

Result:

I have checked /etc/smb.conf on my server and could not find any configuration for my shared folder "public". Access permissons on that file are set to root:root.
    I think the OMV-Portal is not allowd to write into that file.Can anybody confirm whether root:root is correct or not? A little bit off topic but I have the same issue with ssh. Checked the tickbox in OMV to acitvate ssh but allways getting a access denied message unless I manualy start ssh by typing /etc/init.d/ssh start. Seems to be that setting made in OMV are not saved in the corredponding config files.

Took the ISO from here http://sourceforge.net/project…ediavault/files/0.5.0.24/ and installed OMV via USB-Stick

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2235

The anouncements/stickys are there for a reason..

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• At least one who is willing to acknowledge it :lol:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!