Duplicati plugin Suggestion

• Currently the OMV Duplicati plugin doesn't include any means to customize how the server runs and or add custom variables to the /etc/default/duplicati file that the service uses. from what I've found, this makes the default service more or less useless if you need to add any custom variables. I am not sure how hard this is to add, but having the ability to add extra options, similar to what the SSH plugin does, would be very helpful for more advanced configurations.

For Reference, this is what that file looks like by default,

# This is file is generated.
    MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy
    DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-port=8300 --webservice-interface=0.0.0.0"

And this is what it would look like with a single custom option added.

# This is file is generated.
    MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy
    DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-port=8300 --webservice-interface=0.0.0.0 --webservice-sslcertificatefile=/usr/lib/duplicati/cert/certificate.pfx"

So all edits have to be in a single line, unlike the ssh config.

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I agree it probably could use some improvement, I don't plan on porting it to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker. The plugin isn't much more than an enable button anyway. So, you could start using the docker now and get the customization you want. Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• hmm, I didn't realize that so many different plugins were getting moved to docker containers. Is there an official docker image for duplicati that works with OMV? I messed up my duplicati installation a week or two ago and I tried a few duplicati docker containers but I couldn't get any of the ones that I tried to work correctly.

• I was about to open a new thread when I saw this one.
    I wan't to use Duplicati with Docker, as the plugin has ruined my OMV-installation more than once. But I can't find a guide to set it up in OMV, and the video from technodadlife only shows how to install the plugin.
    I'm using this docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/duplicati/duplicati, as it should be the official image.
    Can anybody describe how to get the image running and which values that are needed?
    Or should I ask this in a new thread?

Thanks!

• Hi raev,
    Hi @all,

I'm an omv newbie...
    I had the same issue and I was a little afraid of the plugin behavior filling up/writeing to µSD ca.

My setup future setup will be a Odroid HC1 arm (8GB µSD, 2TB SSD), till delivery I played around with a OMV4 i386 vm (8GB systemdrive, 20GB data drive).

To get Duplicati stable running without hitting the systemdrive too much I've used a docker image.

a) Block ads on your whole network with Pi-hole and Openmediavault -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Follow to create the network, didn't want to use the same ip of omv host.

b) docker image used linuxserver/duplicati - https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duplicati
    Download it as describet in a).

c) run docker image with following settings
    dup01-03.png
    Please keep attention to /source, I've used root UID/GID and pointed it to omv root in read only mode to access whole server files!

d) login and create your backup tasks
    dup04.png

I hadn't had the time to test restore because I'm on a business trip.

br,
    omv_starter

• Hi omv_starter

Thank you for your answer, and sorry for my late reply!

Firstly what a great guide with pictures and everything - perfect for someone like me! Though it didn't do exactly what I wanted, as I'm not interested in installing Pi-hole, as I just want to use the same IP as the OMV host. You wouldn't happen to know what network configuration I need to use in this case?

Thanks!!

• Not sure what others are using, but this is the command I used to get my duplicati container up and running. I tried for quite a while to use the web interface to get a working container but I kept running into errors while making edits. So in the end I gave up and made the container from the command line with the following command.

Use line 3 to store duplicati's data(backup jobs, database files among other things) persistently.

Use lines 4, 11 and maybe 12 if you want to have an https webinterface for duplicati. You only need to use line 12 if your cert has a password. Your cert file will need to be in a specific format in order for you to use it in Duplicati. Here is a link were I explain the script I am using to convert my Let's Encrypt cert for use with Duplicati.

Use line 5 as an example for making the files you need to back up, availible to Duplicati. Re-use this line as much as you need to make all of your files availible, just make sure the path after the : is different.

All other lines should be included. Do yourself a favor when you get a command that works to run the container, save it some where were you won't loose it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!