Installation on NanoPC T4

• Hello,

I'm searching how to install OMV on the nanopc-T4.
    I found the official image in the download section

OMV_4_NanoPC_T4.img.xz

But I'm not sure how to install it.

The nanopc forum refers to 3 methods :

• Use EFlasher to make a bootable SD card and flash an image to eMMC with this card
    • Use a Windows' utility "AndroidTool_Release_v2.54" provided by Rockchip to flash an image to eMMC with a Type-C cable
    • Use a Linux utility Linux_Upgrade_Tool_1.27 provided by Rockchip to flash an image to eMMC with a Type-C cable

But these tools are given with friendlyarm OSes, can we use them with the omv img :?:

I'm on linux so I would like to try Linux_Upgrade_Tool_1.27, but the first command doesn't work
    > sudo cp upgrade_tool /usr/local/sbin
    > cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/sbin': No such file or directory

I prefer to ask before breaking something

I tried to etcher the omv img on an sd card but it didn't boot on the nanopc, nothing displays on HDMI screen.

• I found the official image in the download section

So why not simply following the readme there and burn the image with Etcher (confirmed to work -- I have no idea whether anything will be displayed on a connected display since I never tested this on any RK3399 so far. OMV is working headless: http://nanopct4)?

• > Write image in a single step using Etcher https://etcher.io to SD card.
    The image can be transferred in a second step to permanently attached
    eMMC, USB or SATA storage using included nand-sata-install tool.

I burned that image with etcher on the sd card, but then I didn't see anything happening at bootup, which made me think it wasn't the proper way.

Zitat von tkaiser

I have no idea whether anything will be displayed on a connected display since I never tested this on any RK3399 so far. OMV is working headless: nanopct4)

Ok then I suppose if it's headless, I have to use Ethernet cable and then find it's IP and do the nand-sata-install from web interface or ssh. I'll try.

Zitat von tkaiser

TL;DR: If you're not familiar with Rockchip's Maskrom mode and have the equipment to flash the eMMC over USB please don't use nand-sata-install at the moment.

Is this still valid ?
    Then I guess I might have to try the Linux_Upgrade_Tool_1.27 over usb-c cable method.

• I have to use Ethernet cable and then find it's IP and do the nand-sata-install from web interface or ssh

Exactly but these days there shouldn't be a need to 'find it's IP' since usually those Internet access routers implement dynamic DNS updates so you should be able to access your box using the name nanopct4.

So simply connect the board to the network, insert SD card, then power on and try to access nanopct4 after waiting for a few minutes (SSH access has to be enabled in the UI first).

Transferring from SD card to eMMC with nand-sata-install should work flawlessly with latest image.

• Exactly but these days there shouldn't be a need to 'find it's IP' since usually those Internet access routers implement dynamic DNS updates so you should be able to access your box using the name nanopct4.

That's really nice, I didn't knew my router could do that. (it worked once, but not every time, and it seems unstable, often disconecting).
    Is this possible in the console for ssh ? like ssh user@nanopct4

Ok I tried. (I encountered an error.)

I documented my steps for anyone else needing to figure it out :

0. with Etcher burn img to sd > sd card inserted > boot with ethernet
    1. opened the web interface
    2. I created a user there in ssh and sudo group
    3. ssh user@192.168.X.X
    4. did su to change the root password. then exit to my user again.
    5. did nmtui-connect to select wifi next time
    6. nand-sata-install (no sudo)

I got an error on step3, after it asked for filesystem, I chose Ext4

> Error: /dev/mmcblk1: unrecognised disk label

I did CTRL-C but then it just went on and said :
    - " Formatting /dev/mmcblk1 to Ext4 ... please wait. "
    - " Counting files "
    - " Transferring rootfs to /dev/mmcblk1p1 (737 MB) "
    - " All done. Power off "

7. the board didn't poweroff so I pressed power for 5 sec
    8. removed sd card & boot again

It worked ! \o/

Many thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!