Can't boot after installing HBA

• Hi,

Hoping someone can lead me down the correct path on this as I'm at my limits in terms of Debian knowledge.

I installed the latest release version of OMV (4.whatever) on an old machine with only a small SSD installed.
    Works great, I can setup shares and everything from USB (I was simply testing it out).

However, after installing an HBA and adding some actual storage disks, the system no longer boots.

Setup is:
    SATA slot on MB: SSD with OMV on it
    LSI 9211 8i (M1015 flashed to LSI IT firmware, 20.00.07) with 8 hard drives attached.
    No other drives present.

It passes GRUB but fails on initramfs, error message is sbin/init deos not exist.

I've checked the script and it seems that /dev/sda1 is set as the /cat/cmdline root. However hitting "e" in GRUB and manually changing the linux parameter to use sdi1 results in the same issue.

I've attached a screenshot of the busybox shell I end up in, I hav eno idea if I can get any log files from it.

If I remove the drives in the HBA it boots again.

• On my dell T7500 workstation, when installing a raid card, you have to disable the system or motherboard raid in the bios settings before the new card will be recognized. ALso, you may have to configure the boot drive in the card's bios settings....maybe the board flashing was a failure....try it in another box.

• On my dell T7500 workstation, when installing a raid card, you have to disable the system or motherboard raid in the bios settings before the new card will be recognized. ALso, you may have to configure the boot drive in the card's bios settings....maybe the board flashing was a failure....try it in another box.

The flash went fine, the disks are detected just fine and I can read/write to them when booting a Ubuntu Live CD.

The only issue seems to be that when the disks connected to it are present, the grub script or whatever it is fails to correctly identify the position of the drive with OMV installed.

I checked the script and it uses the correct UUID to do a -search for the mountpoint.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!