Plex datbase location

• I am running a Plex server on an Odroid Hc2 (debian arm v7) running openmediavault

OMV says my db is located in ‘/srv/dev-disk-by-label-plex/plexmediaserver’ and this setting is greyed out so it cant be changed. when i look there the newest date on any file is 11/24. I had to reinstall plex a few day ago and rebuild all the libraries so those file dates cant be current. which leads me to my question where is the database. How do I back it up so i can update plex without rescanning all my libraries.

I am NOT a linux guru and I am sure there is a way to do thi but I don’t know it.

Thanks for your help

• Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers.

But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing your existing database, which I would not worry about.

If uninstalling it and reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem, you might consider moving onto docker.

Finding your existing database should be easy enough in the shell by running:

sudo updatedb

locate plexmediaserver

(be ready for a screen flood, but it will show you where it is.)

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!