ZFS Plugin Install Failure on Fresh OS Install

• Hi. I'm setting up my server to have a ZFS raid-z2 on it. I have a fresh install of Debian 9. The first thing I did was install OMV using the OMV provided guide. However, I cannot get ZFS working. The output from the installation is below. I have installed, uninstalled, and re-installed the plugin with the same results. I have the ZFS option under Storage, but when I click ZFS I get an error popup. I have the buttons to Add/Import pool but no drives show up when I click Add.

When I click ZFS I get an error message:

I then try running /sbin/modprobe zfs as root and get this output:
    modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.0-8-amd64

Here are the most notable errors from the ZFS plugin install log. Full log is here because it is big: https://gist.github.com/sketty…8f900cbac4afc8e649c5b92b4

Code
    cp: cannot stat '/var/lib/dkms/spl/0.7.12/build/spl_config.h': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/var/lib/dkms/spl/0.7.12/build/module/Module.symvers': No such file or directory
    Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused

Guides I used:
    I followed this guide to install OMV Extras via command line: http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides. Rebooted, then installed the ZFS plugin.

I followed this guide on Installing ZFS plugin: [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had to adapt the procedure here to install the headers and the zfs packages from stretch-backports and I have finally managed:

stretch-backports should be enabled by default. Otherwise, you can enable it in omv-extras and it will do the proper pinning to install the plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!