Unofficial Plugin Repo for 0.5 Sardaukar, 1.0 Kralizec, 2.0 Stoneburner, 3.0 Erasmus, 4.0 Arrakis

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have created an unofficial plugin repository for OMV 0.5 Sardaukar, 0.6/1.0 Kralizec, 2.0 Stoneburner, 3.0 Erasmus, and 4.0 Arrakis.

For OMV 3.x and 4.x, list of plugins, statuses, etc are found here.
    To install the omv-extras.org plugin, follow these steps.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• main reason for me not to upgrade is the lack of plugins and i think i am not the only one, actually looking at all the commercial NAS boxes out there like Synology, QNAP, Buffalo etc etc only exists because of the huge amount of plugins they deliver including ios and android apps to control them. Personally i think OMV could be a lot more popular if there were much more plugins but i understand its the lack of programmers to do this as its a freeware project.

• It depends. ;) I'm using OMV 0.4 on my HP-Microserver. There are more than 60.000 images on it, Mailserver-Backups, music and other personal files. There is no connection to the web. Services running: SSH, SMB. Plugins: 0,00! No RAID, only internal backup via rsync.

I'm switching to 0.5 in a few weeks when I've time.

I'm just playing with plugins in VMware (with 10 vHDD's)

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "ArmandH"

main reason for me not to upgrade is the lack of plugins and i think i am not the only one,

The plugins will come. Give it time :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I second THAT. Anybody who wants to contribute plugins is happily welcome!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• This Plugin does not work like the old one, you don't get an extra interface in the gui. The plugins just show up under the normal plugin section.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

This Plugin does not work like the old one, you don't get an extra interface in the gui. The plugins just show up under the normal plugin section.

Greetings
    David

I know, nothing is showing up in the normal plugin section.

• ...nothing means not even the ones distributed with OMV ?

Besides the ones I mentioned above you should see "openmediavault-processlist".

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

...nothing means not even the ones distributed with OMV ?

The normal OMV plugins are there.

Zitat

Besides the ones I mentioned above you should see "openmediavault-processlist".

Greetings
    David

That one isn't showing up.

When I upload the plugin this one:

Zitat

4 - Select the newly uploaded plugin openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Is also not showing up.

• Just tried, you're right, it does not show up for me either.

Greetings
    David

Edit: I don't know why it doesn't show up in the webinterface, i installed it via the commandline with dpkg and it works fine from there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did all of my testing by using the upload not dpkg. Just tried on two more systems without an issue. Not sure what is going on. All the plugin really does is add a repository file and creates file to show up in the web interface. What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-sardaukar.list

• Code
    root@chap:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-sardaukar.list
    deb http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ sardaukar main
    root@chap:~#

But this doesn't matter because I installed it via dpkg. If uploaded via the gui it would not show up, as Desolator said. Im an upgrade from 0.4, can you check that behaviour with an updated VM?

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I did all of my testing by using the upload not dpkg. Just tried on two more systems without an issue. Not sure what is going on. All the plugin really does is add a repository file and creates file to show up in the web interface. What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-sardaukar.list

I have an updated OMV (from 0.4 to 0.5) and I used the cleaning script. When I was searching for this particular problem I couldn't find the "omv-extras-org-sardaukar.list" in "etc/apt/sources.list.d". I think that has something to do with this problem.
    The .deb file itself is in openmediavault/packages, dunno what the complete path is, i'm at work atm.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I upgraded from 0.4 to 0.5 on a few systems but I didn't use omv-plugins.org on those systems. Can you show me the output of:

ls -al /etc/apt/preferences.d/

I'm thinking we might need the upgrade script to remove the /etc/apt/preferences.d/99omv-plugins-org file and run apt-get update afterwards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!