Announcement Unofficial Plugin Repo for 0.5 Sardaukar, 1.0 Kralizec, 2.0 Stoneburner, 3.0 Erasmus, 4.0 Arrakis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• milfaddict wrote:

After installing OMV Extras, the webUI went blank so I restarted Chrome and now I can not get back into OMV, The password prompt is does not pop up.

This is an absolute nightmare. PLEASE HELP!
      I recently had a similar issue. If you know how, ssh in to the machine (I use putty for this). I used the command omv-update and it fixed itself. Hopefully it works for you as well.
    • After installing SabNZB plugin it runs but shows the following warning messages. Tried a couple of suggestions from the forum (shown below) but neither work. Thanks

1) Your UNRAR version is 0.00, we recommend version 5.00 or higher.
      2) SABYenc module... NOT found! Expecting v3.0.2 - sabnzbd.org/sabyenc

Source Code

1. apt-get install par2-tbb
      2. Reading package lists... Done
      3. Building dependency tree
      4. Reading state information... Done
      5. Package par2-tbb is not available, but is referred to by another package.
      6. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
      7. is only available from another source
      8. E: Package 'par2-tbb' has no installation candidate

Source Code

1. apt-get install python-sabyenc
      2. Reading package lists... Done
      3. Building dependency tree
      4. Reading state information... Done
      5. E: Unable to locate package python-sabyenc
    • How far do you get?
      When you press the button "upload" you should be able to navigate/browse on your local computer to the downloaded file.
      When you select the file, you can upload the file to your OMV.
      After that there should be the omvextrasorg plugin available which you need to install.

Have a look here.
      BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• Thanks for the reply. Yes I am following all the steps in that guide. I have downloaded the version for version 3.x. I can select upload, then go to the file I just downloaded. I press OK, it has a progress bar for a couple seconds, then it refreshes and there is nothing new. I understand there should be a new entry for OMV-extras on the left hand side menu underneath plugins but there is nothing.

I also tried the command line method through SSH using putty but it keep saying "unable to resolve host" or something.
    • After you have uploaded the file (progress bar has finished) and the refresh you will find a new plugin in the plugins window on the right hand side.
      You have to tick/select it and press install (see picture below).
      If it is not there press "check".

Only after you have installed the omvextrasorg plugin you will find the additional OMV-extras entry in the left hand side menue.

BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit
    • I appreciate your help, but it definitely does not show up in the list after I have uploaded the file. I have checked many times. I am also unable to install any updates through the update manager or even install any of the other plugins that appear in my list. I keep getting errors like "failure to resolve host address", both in the web UI and the command line through SSH. It seems like the NAS server can't get an external connection to the internet, but I can connect to it through LAN just fine.

I've been looking through the network settings but I can't see anything out of the ordinary in terms of setting proxy servers or anything (I don't have one). I did set a static IP with the settings as per below. The gateway is the IP of my router, is that what I should have put there?
    • Hello there you guys!

I just got a NanoPi Neo 2 1-bay NAS kit and have the omv debian jessie OS running. Everything so far seems to work okay, but whenever I enable the plexmediaserver repo in the omv-extras.org tab and check plugins it gives me following error:

Display Spoiler
      Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign file: InRelease Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign file: Translation-en Hit packages.openmediavault.org erasmus InRelease Hit packages.openmediavault.org erasmus/main arm64 Packages Ign packages.openmediavault.org erasmus/main Translation-en Get:1 dl.bintray.com jessie InRelease Ign dl.bintray.com jessie InRelease Hit downloads.plex.tv ./public InRelease Get:2 dl.bintray.com jessie InRelease Ign dl.bintray.com jessie InRelease Get:3 dl.bintray.com jessie Release.gpg Ign dl.bintray.com jessie Release.gpg Hit dl.bintray.com jessie Release.gpg Get:4 dl.bintray.com jessie Release [4926 B] Hit dl.bintray.com jessie Release Get:5 dl.bintray.com jessie/main arm64 Packages/DiffIndex Ign dl.bintray.com jessie/main arm64 Packages/DiffIndex Get:6 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:7 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:8 dl.bintray.com jessie/main arm64 Packages [27.2 kB] Get:9 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:10 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:11 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:12 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:13 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:14 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:15 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Ign dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Get:16 dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Ign dl.bintray.com jessie/main Translation-en Ign ftp.cn.debian.org jessie InRelease Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie Release.gpg Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie Release Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/main Sources Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/non-free Sources Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/contrib Sources Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/main arm64 Packages Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/non-free arm64 Packages Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/contrib arm64 Packages Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/contrib Translation-en Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/main Translation-en Hit ftp.cn.debian.org jessie/non-free Translation-en Fetched 32.9 kB in 16s (1973 B/s) W : Failed to fetch downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb/dists/./public/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Am I doing something wrong here?

P.S.: I have OMV 3.0.88, omv-extras 3.4.26 and - if I wan't clear - the plugin check works fine with the plex repo disabled.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BUFU1610 ().

• The plugin doesn't really work on arm64 and omv-extras incorrectly enables the official plex repo which definitely has no arm64 package. Only option is to disable it.
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • BUFU1610 wrote:

Does that mean that I am unable to install plex
      There are ways to install it by installing armhf libraries but not with the plugin. There is another that talks about this but couldn't find it.
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

• Oh, if someone is still interested, I got plex working on the nanopi neo 2 1-bay nas omv installation:

Shell-Script

1. wget -O - https://dev2day.de/pms/dev2day-pms.gpg.key | apt-key add -
      2. echo "deb [arch=armhf] https://dev2day.de/pms/ jessie main" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list
      3. dpkg --add-architecture armhf
      4. apt-get update
      5. apt-get install binutils:armhf
      6. apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer
      That is all. It simply works.
      (sorry for offtopicing so much.)
    • BUFU1610 wrote:

You could probably force install the plugin after that by downloading the .deb and installing with dpkg.

• ryecoaaron wrote:

BUFU1610 wrote:

You could probably force install the plugin after that by downloading the .deb and installing with dpkg.
      I tried that. Couldn't really see the point in it though.. all the settings are done in the WebUI, no?
      And when I had to reboot shortly after, my whole setup stopped working... so I just reinstalled everything else without that. Don't know what happened, though, couldn't access the NanoPi Neo 2 NAS after that (somehow it worked for a couple of seconds before freezing/crashing.
    • BUFU1610 wrote:

Oh, if someone is still interested, I got plex working on the nanopi neo 2 1-bay nas omv installation

Of course, works on every arm64 Debian the same way, eg. Pine64. The better idea on your NEO2 with just 512 MB DRAM is to convince FriendlyELEC to provide a pure armhf OMV image. I wanted to prepare this a long time ago but they forgot to send me the NEO Plus 2 I requested. And you could tell them that they forgot to tweak IRQ affinity, performance is slightly lower than with perfect settings on their image.

@ryecoaaron: Are you maintaining the plex plugin? If so for arm64/armhf an installation variant could be provided based on `dpkg --print-architecture`

BTW: Plex and memory constraints are also the reason why community OMV builds for ROCK64 use a 32-bit/armhf userland: github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.
    • tkaiser wrote:

Are you maintaining the plex plugin?
      For the most part, yes. I don't use plex and I haven't spent the time to figure out what dependencies that plugin needs to work on arm64/armhf userland.

tkaiser wrote:

If so for arm64/armhf an installation variant could be provided based on `dpkg --print-architecture`
      All of the arm boards use an armel binary. The installer just picks a "better" binary depending on the board.