Installation behind firewall - doesnt work

• Hi all,

i tried to install OMV behind my firewall, but it was not able. I had to bring it to a network without firewall to finish the install.
    Can someone explain, whats the problem? Which ports/services need OMV to work?

The next thing - i tried to put a copy of the firewall system in a vbox on OMV - its nearly unable to reach the website of it - timeout. Seems like the fw is very busy to block a lot of connections.

What the heck is OMV doing???

• The debian repos are configured during installation and the current package lists are therefor downloaded. Maybe you were stuck at the download. But this is more like a guess, as you didn´t mention any detail what "was not able" meens. Maybe there was another issue as well.

• normally we have no problems with linux/debian installations, normal http requests and usual ports are not blocked. I dont know, on which point of install it stopped, would have to repeat it to find it out, but dont really want to do it again. Outside our lan the install worked flawless. Looks like there is something special with OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!