Official Nvidia Driver

• Is it possible to install the official Nvidia driver? I don't plan on using a GUI often, but if I'd like to play games or something, I'd like to be able to start a GUI. I have KDE and SDDM installed, which installed Nouveau, but when I try to install the nvidia driver I get these errors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have KDE and SDDM installed, which installed Nouveau, but when I try to install the nvidia driver I get these errors.

I don't have a solution for you, but past experience with Linux and Nvidia has been a PITA, I have an laptop with Nvidia graphics it's now resigned to the cupboard as the only option I could get to work was Nouveau. Whilst I could install and enable the Nvidia driver after some use the screen would start flickering, solution go back to Nouveau. The only other option I could suggest is to run V'Box rather than installing a GUI.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• While I will agree that Nvidia is frequently a pain in the butt, I largely didn't have issues with it in Arch. My reason for installing the Nvidia driver was I wanted to benchmark my GPU vs a cloud gaming machine (Shadow). Nouveau works fine, but it doesn't support 3D graphics :-/ GPU passthrough is also a nightmare with libvirt and Windows. Damn code 42.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!