Unable to edit or remove shared folder after removing hdd

• Hi everyone.
    I'm having a problem with the shared folder: I can't edit or delete them after I had to take out the hdd.
    This is the error I'm recieving:

How can I solve it?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I already checked, They're not checked as referenced

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a thread about this: Error when deleting shared folder

In the end it seems you have to edit config.xml manually. Make a backup of that file first!!!

From Post 43 of that thread:
    After removing a sharedfolder entry and filesystem entry in config.xml,
    you should execute to cleanup fstab and the sharedfolder bind mount
    units:
    omv-mkconf fstab
    omv-mkconf systemd

• thanks!
    So this is what I should do:
    1) Delete every old sharedfolder from webui
    2) nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    3) Delete every sharedfolder from config like thius:
    <sharedfolder>
    <uuid>4774b1ce-1008-4e8b-a9c5-983282dbe496</uuid>
    <name>Anime</name>
    <comment>Plex</comment>
    <mntentref>1bbe2dbe-c268-4f84-98d4-e3362147d5e9</mntentref>
    <reldirpath>Dati/Anime/</reldirpath>
    <privileges></privileges>
    </sharedfolder>
    4) omv-mkconf fstab
    5) omv-mkconf systemd

6) Run Apply from webui?

right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make a copy of config.xml first.
    Then check if there is another occurrence of "Anime" in config.xml. In nano you can use Ctrl+w to search. There should be no occurrence, but if you find one, better to post here where you found it.

Where did you get point 6) from?
    Edit: If the first step works, you don't have to edit config.xml
    If you already know that the first step will not work, you don't have to do it. Then you also don't need step 6)

Rest looks fine.

Of course, only handle those folders which had been on the drive you removed.

• Actually had to go throught point 4,5, and 6 since deleting from webui delete the shared folder from the config file :D Thanks a lot for the help!

• Yeah of course. I thought that i was clear about what I did. That's a better explanation:

1) Delete every old sharedfolder from webui
    2) nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    3) Check if the sharedfolder are still there. If yes go to point 3.5, if not to 4.
    3.5) CAUTION: I DID NOT DID THAT SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY GONE. THIS
    Delete every sharedfolder from config like this:
    <sharedfolder>
    <uuid>4774b1ce-1008-4e8b-a9c5-983282dbe496</uuid>
    <name>Anime</name>
    <comment>Plex</comment>
    <mntentref>1bbe2dbe-c268-4f84-98d4-e3362147d5e9</mntentref>
    <reldirpath>Dati/Anime/</reldirpath>
    <privileges></privileges>
    </sharedfolder>
    4) omv-mkconf fstab
    5) omv-mkconf systemd
    6) Run Apply from webui

• Is this the recommended solution? Or is it a first approach? Have the same probs here (while applying a share) and I think applying shares is somewhat basic to a NAS, isn't it?

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• sry, searched for "serviceabstract.inc" and came across this somewhat similar sounding item ... see my error report

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• Is this the recommended solution? Or is it a first approach? Have the same probs here (while applying a share) and I think applying shares is somewhat basic to a NAS, isn't it?

I think that it should be better to remove shares BEFORE removing the hdd. This solution is only if you coudln't do it :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!