Cannot install OMV Extras Backup Plugin

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Cannot install OMV Extras Backup Plugin

Hello everybody,

i just realized that 80% of my holiday pictures which i store on an omv raid 1 drive have disappeared. Thus, i am looking for a plugin to restore the files which lead me to the omv extras backup plugin.

However, i cannot install this plugin. Thats the error code:

>>> *************** Error ***************
      Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-backup 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

The following additional packages will be installed:
      fsarchiver
      Suggested packages:
      reiserfsprogs reiser4progs ntfsprogs btrfs-tools
      The following NEW packages will be installed:
      fsarchiver openmediavault-backup
      0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      Need to get 126 kB of archives.
      After this operation, 487 kB of additional disk space will be used.
      Err:1 ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 fsarchiver amd64 0.8.1-1
      Temporary failure resolving 'ftp.de.debian.org'
      Err:2 dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis stretch/main amd64 openmediavault-backup all 4.0.4
      Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com
      Unable to correct missing packages.
      E: Failed to fetch ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/…rchiver_0.8.1-1_amd64.deb Temporary failure resolving 'ftp.de.debian.org'
      E: Failed to fetch dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-…ault-backup_4.0.4_all.deb Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com
      E: Aborting install.
      <<< *************************************

I would be very happy to get some assistance!

Merry Christmas
      Thomas
    • The backup plugin is used to create a backup of the operating system, not the data.

If you want to restore the data from a backup, I would connect the drive with the backup, mount it via the GUI of OMV and use midnight commander to copy the missing files to the target. Alternative would be to set up a rsync job.
      If the backup is on an USB drive you can also check the USB backup.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • honk296 wrote:

Temporary failure resolving 'ftp.de.debian.org'
      It seams you have a DNS problem. Are you using a static IP for your OMV server? If yes, you need to add your router as DNS server and additionally another DNS server like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1
      You can check the guide that linked in my signature.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!: