Mount point

• I get this problem after I changed the name of mount point this was necessary as I moved my backup disk up as primary hard disk and put new backup disk in the other hc 2 but now i get the mail:

Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Backup

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 10:32:32
    Action: alert
    Host: odroidxu4share
    Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup is not a mountpoint

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

Is there a way to manually remove mount points "srv_dev-disk-by-label-Backup" - So it doesn't attempt to mount a name that doesn't exist?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should be able to delete the filesystem in the GUI. But you first need to disable all services that use it. In principle working backwards from how you added it once. But it may be that it doesn't work because you removed/renamed the mount point before you removed it in the GUI.

Or just reinstall. Again...

I don't use OMV to mount any remote servers. I use autofs and nfs instead. Then the mount points can be used just as if they are local folders. Only slower... I assume that I am abusing OMV, but it works great.

I would prefer to use systemd automount, it might even be possible to configure in the OMV GUI, but I don't feel motivated enough to figure out how, when I have autofs working fine.

• I am not interested in reinstalling since I have a large setup on the card :) I would like to know where to remove the disk manually I have removed it in

etc / fstab
    etc / openmediavault / config.xml (Under fstab)

Now it removed in the interface but still gets the message:

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 11:36:12
    Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup is not a mountpoint

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

Where should I remove it?

Since it is Linux it should be possible to remove it manually as the developers should know where?

• I removed this from config.xml:

<mntent>
    <uuid>df557e4c-3834-4d00-ac05-4f76e159e739</uuid>
    <fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/Backup</fsname>
    <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup</dir>
    <type>ext4</type>
    <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>2</passno>
    <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>

And this from Fstab:

/dev/disk/by-label/Backup /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

(I have backup) but I still get the email:

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 11:36:12

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. And I am certain that it is possible to fix your problems without a reinstall. But I also suspect that it is more work figuring out exactly how than to reinstall. And you can not be sure that you didn't cause some hard to notice problems.

If you had deleted the filesystem in the GUI before you renamed/removed the mount point, then it might have been fine.

I did a lot of reinstalls on my first HC2. Then I started to backup the card and restore backups instead of reinstalling. That helped quite a bit. Then I started to do things right=simple and also avoided using the OMV GUI for everything and instead started using the underlaying Linux system more. Like autofs for remote mounts.

Subsequent HC2s were a breeze. I knew exactly what I was doing then. And I did it right the first time and never had any reason to change anything. Rock Steady! KISS!

I suspect that you are not supposed to reconfigure a NAS

But this won't help you now...

• Could it mabye be here i need to remove mount point?

/etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

Read that on another tread

If the mount alert on mail will continue to come even if i remove it in fstab, it must be removed in? :

etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

There must be a developer who knows something about it?

• I have the same problem, keep getting this message: openmediavault monit[733]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-DiskX' status failed (1) -- mountpoint: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DiskX: No such file or directory

What I've done so far:

• Made sure disk is not referenced anywhere in Web-GUI
    • Deleted entry in fstab
    • Deleted entry in config.xml
    • Ran omv-mkconf monit

Seems that I started to get this message also: openmediavault monit[733]: Device /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DiskX not found in /etc/mtab

What else can I look for?

EDIT: A system restart seems to have helped.

• I'm brand new to OMV4 and just installed it this week and am having issues with the remote mount plugin. I can't seem to mount a shared folder on a mac (snow leopard) within the local network. SMB is enabled in file sharing. I can mount it in windows.

I only entered the details necessary without changing the options at the bottom. I was hoping the default options would work but I'm not sure how to input any of them to suit. Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to warm up to OMV a little faster. Here are the errors.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount '/srv/28d1065d-0f59-4412-92ab-47461aac5a7d' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount error(112): Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount '/srv/28d1065d-0f59-4412-92ab-47461aac5a7d' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount error(112): Host is downRefer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/remote.inc(427): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Remote->mount()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusNv...', '/tmp/bgoutputxf...')#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#13 {main}

• The shared folder I'm trying to map is on a mac that runs 24-7. I can map it in windows. Looks like your Options are the same as mine and it's not working for me. All your other settings/details are similar to what I used. I might try to create another user on the mac to see if there's any difference. I'll post a screenshot when I get a chance.

• For the life of me I can't map this mac folder in OMV remote mount. I can map it in windows 10 using the same //server/share but not in OMV. Any tricks I should know before I give up? Using guest account and no luck.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!