got an IP, NAS not visible in Windows local network

• Hello,

I'm setting up OMV3 on my NAS.

Everything works fine except some network issues.

Under Windows on a client computer I do not see my NAS in the network exploration panel.
    I've defined shared folder under SMB/CIFS and followed the correction detailed here (including setting SMB2 as the current running version).

My network parameters for the NAS in OMV are : IPv4 static, address, netmask and gateway correctly defined, IPv6 disabled.
    My network parameters on my router : DHCP activated with matching ip adresses as above. DHCP lease for my NAS with static (fixed) ip address.

In Windows on my client computer by using 'cmd' then 'ping' I see my NAS with is ip address and with its name in IPv4
    'ping 4 NAS_name' and 'ping 4 NAS_ipaddress' are working
    'ping 6 NAS_ipaddress' is not working (as expected).

update: my Windows 10 version is family - v 1803

Any thoughts ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von adarmis () aus folgendem Grund: windows 10 version

• Offizieller Beitrag

File Explorer -> Network -> In the address bar enter \\<ip address of omv or hostname> -> Enter and any SMB shares will display. From file explorer menu select Home and click Pin to Quick access, done!

As a side note I recently did a clean install of W10 Pro 64, all I did was change the laptops name, joined it to my workgroup, chnaged to private network and set network discovery that was it, no messing with registry or smb settings.

• File Explorer -> Network -> In the address bar enter \\<ip address of omv or hostname> -> Enter and any SMB shares will display. From file explorer menu select Home and click Pin to Quick access, done!

Thanks.

I did this and also tried to connect a network folder (same result).
    I get the following response : 'unable to access to \\<ip address of omv or hostname>'. When I follow up and click diagnose in the dialog box Windows search for troubleshooting and I'm receiving back : problem found, the peripherals or remote ressources does not accept connection.

Do I have to set something in Windows ? on the NAS in OMV ? by disconnecting a firewall (in Windows) or either defining firewall rules in OMV ?

I agree with you usually it is really straightforward.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My network parameters on my router : DHCP activated with matching ip adresses as above. DHCP lease for my NAS with static (fixed) ip address.

This is confusing, but I understand what you have done, can you SSH into OMV.

If you can do cat /etc/network/interfaces from the cli and post the output

• @geaves thanks for your advices.

The issue was simple (though puzzling). I followed this guide thoroughly and it is finally working. What makes it work is defining the OMV shortcut in windows (see the guide).

Please notice that in my Windows 10 environment some things related to workgroups and private network are not visible and some selections described in the guide can not be done (e.g public settings for workgroup in control panel / netwroks).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!