urBackkup Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would uninstall urbackup. After that check with dpkg -l | grep urbackup that everything is gone. Then install urbackup. Make a record of any error that show up during the installation.
    Finally enable urbackup service without any changes. Also keep the log level at "warn".

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here I found the following hint:

"During the installation you will be asked for the directory your backups will be saved in. This directory can be changed by running dpkg-reconfigure urbackup-server."

I also found that your issue might be caused by the fact that the backup directory is not set. As you cannot reach the GUI you cannot change it. So you could try the command to select a correct backup directory.

However, this was not needed when I installed Urbackup. The GUI was available right way and I could change the backup directory from the GUI. What I do not rememeber any more is, if I changed ownership of the backup directory.

• Unistalled urbackup. Ran above line. No output. Ran install from GUI.
    Output:
    Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

The following additional packages will be installed:

libcrypto++6 libcurl3 sqlite3 urbackup-server

Suggested packages:

sqlite3-doc

Recommended packages:

libguestfs-tools qemu-utils

The following NEW packages will be installed:

libcrypto++6 libcurl3 openmediavault-urbackup-server sqlite3 urbackup-server

0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 5319 kB of archives.

After this operation, 24.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 libcrypto++6 amd64 5.6.4-7 [829 kB]

Get:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 libcurl3 amd64 7.52.1-5+deb9u8 [292 kB]

Get:3 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch/main amd64 urbackup-server amd64 2.3.7.0-1 [3408 kB]

Get:4 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 sqlite3 amd64 3.16.2-5+deb9u1 [784 kB]

Get:5 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch/main amd64 openmediavault-urbackup-server all 3.1 [7000 B]

Preconfiguring packages ...

Fetched 5319 kB in 5s (911 kB/s)

Selecting previously unselected package libcrypto++6.

(Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%(Reading database ... 55%(Reading database ... 60%(Reading database ... 65%(Reading database ... 70%(Reading database ... 75%(Reading database ... 80%(Reading database ... 85%(Reading database ... 90%(Reading database ... 95%(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 44090 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../libcrypto++6_5.6.4-7_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libcrypto++6 (5.6.4-7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libcurl3:amd64.

Preparing to unpack .../libcurl3_7.52.1-5+deb9u8_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libcurl3:amd64 (7.52.1-5+deb9u8) ...

Selecting previously unselected package sqlite3.

Preparing to unpack .../sqlite3_3.16.2-5+deb9u1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking sqlite3 (3.16.2-5+deb9u1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package urbackup-server.

Preparing to unpack .../urbackup-server_2.3.7.0-1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking urbackup-server (2.3.7.0-1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-urbackup-server.

Preparing to unpack .../openmediavault-urbackup-server_3.1_all.deb ...

Unpacking openmediavault-urbackup-server (3.1) ...

Setting up libcrypto++6 (5.6.4-7) ...

Setting up libcurl3:amd64 (7.52.1-5+deb9u8) ...

Setting up sqlite3 (3.16.2-5+deb9u1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u3) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u8) ...

Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.17-1) ...

Restarting engine daemon ...

'omv-engined' trying to restart

'omv-engined' stop: '/bin/systemctl stop openmediavault-engined'

'omv-engined' start: '/bin/systemctl start openmediavault-engined'

Setting up urbackup-server (2.3.7.0-1) ...

Setting up openmediavault-urbackup-server (3.1) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u8) ...

Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.17-1) ...

Updating locale files ...

Updating file permissions ...

Purging internal cache ...

Restarting engine daemon ...

'omv-engined' trying to restart

'omv-engined' stop: '/bin/systemctl stop openmediavault-engined'

'omv-engined' start: '/bin/systemctl start openmediavault-engined'

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fcd4e4827b8>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fcd4e4827b8>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Done ...

Ran dpkg-reconfigure urbackup-server. Set to default location inside of my created Raid.
    I still cannot open the GUI for the service. Like I said before, when accessing the urbackup GUI/webinterface, I get a connection refused. Service is enable and running, just looks liek it if failed to bind the socket to the port.

• Ended up going with a ubuntu server set up on the same hardware to use UrBackup server. After some firewall rules and other tweaks, I have access to the Web interface. Just weird that after doing a few re-installation of omv, firewall tweaks, configuration tweaks, and other actions that it never worked with OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't get it either. I've been using UrBackup, with OMV, since it was introduced as a plugin (a couple years ago). It works on two different platforms, "out of the box", with no need for any sort of tweak.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!