Win 10 to OMV Server Using SMB

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Win 10 to OMV Server Using SMB

Hello All,
      I am a neebie with OMV. I am running a bunch of win 10 boxes that used to be hooked up to Win 2012 server. The setup is raid 5 using SMB.
      I have no problem seeing and handling the shares from my Win 10 (Build 18290)(had to turn on SMB in Windows Features).
      The problem I am having is migrating all my stored files that I uploaded to different Win boxes back to this new server.
      In particular, when I upload directories (with subs and files) onto the different OMV Shares, the upload process will stop during the process for no apparent reasons (showing 0 transfer rate). Stopping/restarting/deleting the download process in the Win 10 applet box will not do anything. The graphical history of the download stays there until I reboot both boxes. For small uploads (< 1 Gb) there in no problem, but when the transfers are into the 3-4 Gigs size, it crashes (stops).
      Has anyone encountered this problem. Is there a better way to uploads large directories from Win 10 to OMV? I have tired the documented Cloud Commander, but it is not practical with outside drives.
      BTW, I followed the TechnoDadLife video on installing this NAS and thank him for his efforts.