Encountering error with running Plex on Docker Repo, Rock64

• Hi, guys.
    I'm running errors with Plex Docker Repo. Basically, I setup according with the video in the forum. The error show:

standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error"

While I'm runing OMV 4.1.16-2 on Rock64. So it should be arm64 architecture, right? Still, there's only one docker image file for Plex server I can find under Docker images Repo tab.

Appreciate it very much! If you guys can help a little bit.... :S

• root@rock64:/sharedfolders# uname -a
    Linux rock64 4.4.138-rk3328 #14 SMP Mon Jul 16 10:45:46 PDT 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I think I'm using Jessie image to burn into the SD card, but it's arm64, right?

• Sorry, Tkaiser.
    I burnt the new image into SD Card, which is :stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.7.8-1061-arm64.img. And updated it to the lastest.

dpkg command shows the architecture as below:

root@rock64:~# dpkg --print-architecture
    arm64
    root@rock64:~#

still I've got the same error msg when deploying Plex image with Docker. "standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Actually when I was trying other Docker images, I mostly got the exact same error message as above, e.g. Glances - vimagick/glances

if anyone could give a hint or something. Appreciate it very much! ||

• Code
    root@rock64:~# dpkg --print-architecture
    arm64

You need arm64 Dockers. Neither x64 nor armhf will x64 won't work for you. BTW: there is a search function at the upper right, simply go to the main forum view and enter the error message you got there (standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error).

• You need arm64 Dockers. Neither x64 nor armhf will work for you. BTW: there is a search function at the upper right, simply go to the main forum view and enter the error message you got there (standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error).

Thanks for your kindly support, Thkaiser. It really helps! I'll do the search later on before posting anything.

BTW, is there anyway to easily identify Docker images whether they are for arm64 or not. Don't have any clue, just got to try one by one.....

• Thanks for the correction. But would it work the other way around (armhf OMV version running arm64 Dockers)? IMO to put it simple: Take care about the architecture of your OS and choose same Dockers.

I would not dare to correct a master. I just mentioned what it is working for me. The last time I looked I did not find any arm64 docker for plex and since then the present one is OK I did not want to fix something witch is not broken.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are no arm64 plex binaries yet. I am also fairly certain armhf dockers will run on arm64 systems even if the host doesn't have armhf architecture enabled. A lot of arm64 docker images are also called aarch64.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There are no arm64 plex binaries yet. I am also fairly certain armhf dockers will run on arm64 systems even if the host doesn't have armhf architecture enabled. A lot of arm64 docker images are also called aarch64.

I thought there has been arm64 plexmediaserver binary for sometime.

Plex Readme (the post was updated on July, 2018)

Code
    Plex Installation

You have to install the Plex Media Server package manually or just enable the package repository (not available ATM). Please read the following document. All Linux (Ubuntu) instructions apply to you. To decide whether you need the ARMv7 or the ARMv8 package, just run this command on your device in a terminal: dpkg --print-architecture and it will tell you, armhf requires the ARMv7 package and arm64 the ARMv8 one.

I have installed ARMv8 version of Plex server (plexmediaserver_1.15.2.793-782228f99_arm64.deb) manually, and it seems working well, although I haven't tested it extensively yet. I am on ayufan's stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.7.14-1081-arm64.img.xz

for OMV plugin for plexmediaserver, I needed armhf archtecture installed first as plexmediaserver-installer:armhf seems a mandate.

OMV plugin always grabs plexmediaserver_armel or armhf version, so I had to installed arm64 version over the plugin (--force-all) manually, which breaks OMV plugin for plexmediaserver.

1. Is it not true arm64 version of plexmediaserver?
    2. Is there any way to have both plexmediaserver_arm64 installed and OMV plugin for plexmediaserver?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought there has been arm64 plexmediaserver binary for sometime.

My comment was out of date then. I haven't touched the plugin in about a year and there was no arm64 binary then.

OMV plugin always grabs plexmediaserver_armel or armhf version, so I had to installed arm64 version over the plugin (--force-all) manually, which breaks OMV plugin for plexmediaserver.

1. Is it not true arm64 version of plexmediaserver?
    2. Is there any way to have both plexmediaserver_arm64 installed and OMV plugin for plexmediaserver?

As noted in my comment above, I haven't worked on the plugin in a long time because it shouldn't be used. It won't be worked on in favor of docker (where you probably can get a 64 bit binary) - https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=186122#post186122

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!