I mistyped and now my network WEB UI is locked up

• I would select DHCP on the server and tell the router to assign a fixed IP to the server.

Then you have both options. You can either use the IP (assigned by your router) ot the hostname.

That is sort of where I am. I was unable to get the OMV WEB GUI and the network to accept the DHCP settings. I am assuming it was because the router was already assigned a static IP address for the HOSTNAME. So . . . I went back into OMV WEB GUI and set the NETWORK to the static IP. I have since logged in to the server and WEB GUI 3 different times just to confirm everything is working okay. It seems to be okay. Now I will go to the router and see what is involved in setting to DHCP. OR I may leave well enough alone. I will see. At least now I think I will be able to get myself out of another jamb if it were to take place.

Oh, by the way. I did get into omv-firstaid. That may be what helped me in the beginning; not really sure. Things kinda happened fast and I lost track of where i was at a few times.

Anyway, thanks forum. Now I will go back to my day and get some work done. I will check back in a few minutes to see if any further thoughts are given from anyone.

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!