Can't install OMV display is scattered

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't install OMV display is scattered

I cant install OMV on my machine with a CPU Ryzen5 2400G, i get this on my screen, any way to fix this ?
      Images
      • 1.jpg

155.67 kB, 1,080×724, viewed 27 times
      "If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it" - Mark Twain

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sseven ().

• OOmatrixOO wrote:

Yes im new too ;) hope anyone else can help with this problem.

Assuming you can see the boot screen:

Boot the installer
      Highlight the installation option on the menu
      Hit the Tab button on your keyboard
      You'll see a line pop up on the bottom of screen.. in that line is "vga= " (can't remember the default).
      The cursor will be at the end of that line. Use your arrow keys to get to that number, and change it.
      Hit enter to boot the new mode. The other thread seems to suggest 322 will work, so that's what I'd try firs

If it fails to boot again, you'll see a message to hit enter and see other modes.... Do so. Write a few down, and try them. Repeat as necessary. One of them should work.
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KM0201 ().

• Sseven wrote:

@'OOmatrixOO'

sorry i can't help you more, i am new to this, someone mention over SSH, but i don't know how to do that

Unless there is some installation option I'm not aware of.. Installing over SSH (they probably mean installing it on top of a Debian 9 minimum installation) would not be a option until you can get a base install. Now the Debian 9 netinst ISO, may well boot if none of the modes work with the OMV iso... but I'd try the other modes first then report back if none of the modes work.

• thank you for the information , at the moment i am back to windows due to playback error message on some files on OMV (was installed on NVME SSD), usually that is related to transcoding (and fallowed the fix with no luck) also might because i get some error when i boot OMV is scanning the spare HDD repairing god know what (might because i have enabled in bios hot swap)
    • Sseven wrote:

thank you for the information , at the moment i am back to windows due to playback error message on some files on OMV (was installed on NVME SSD), usually that is related to transcoding (and fallowed the fix with no luck) also might because i get some error when i boot OMV is scanning the spare HDD repairing god know what (might because i have enabled in bios hot swap)

I usually play the media on my NAS via Kodi (just play them directly from a NFS or SMB share), so no transcoding involved.. As for scanning the spare hard drive... Do you have more than one storage drive? Is it checking some sort of RAID?

The Bios is also an option.

• KM0201 wrote:

Sseven wrote:

thank you for the information , at the moment i am back to windows due to playback error message on some files on OMV (was installed on NVME SSD), usually that is related to transcoding (and fallowed the fix with no luck) also might because i get some error when i boot OMV is scanning the spare HDD repairing god know what (might because i have enabled in bios hot swap)
      I usually play the media on my NAS via Kodi, so no transcoding involved.. As for scanning the spare hard drive... Do you have more than one storage drive? Is it checking some sort of RAID?

The Bios is also an option.
      yes i have a HDD for downloads and aps only and 2 HDD for PLEX MEDIA, was no raid because i intended to use rsyn, the message something like allocating blocks on all three HDD for 1 min 30 sec after that was ok, was displaying something with this sign '*' in red

However when i finally installed plex and transfer all my media to HDD and try to play some files did not play (like unable to play media because to many streamers :D when i was the single one)

bit disappointed because i wake up early to make this work which took me all day
    • KM0201 wrote:

OOmatrixOO wrote:

Boot the installer
      You'll see a line pop up on the bottom of screen.. in that line is "vga= " (can't remember the default).
      The cursor will be at the end of that line. Use your arrow keys to get to that number, and change it.
      Hit enter to boot the new mode. The other thread seems to suggest 322 will work, so that's what I'd try firs

If it fails to boot again, you'll see a message to hit enter and see other modes.... Do so. Write a few down, and try them. Repeat as necessary. One of them should work.
      It works. thanks for the info with the vga change.
    • KM0201 wrote:

OOmatrixOO wrote:

Boot the installer

It works. thanks for the info with the vga change.