Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV

• I tried to copy the same folder from my NAS to my notebook through a wired connection this morning.

Exact same problem.

At this point, it's either:

- a problem on both my Windows installs (both of them very clean, installed from scratch 15-20 days ago)

- a problem with my omv NAS

- a problem with my router (I'd exclude this, though)

• Offizieller Beitrag

As you have dropped Webroot then the only logical explanation is the router :) I know the FritzBox but as far as I am concerned I never ever, ever use a routers Ethernet ports I don't care what the manufacturer says on the box.

I use powered managed switches, (I have 2, that's because I'm too lazy to run Ethernet from downstairs to upstairs) all my Ethernet connected devices go through the switch, the router is connected to the switch upstairs and that is the only connection I have to router.

Get a switch, connect the router to the switch and your server to the switch and anything else that uses Ethernet.

• As you have dropped Webroot then the only logical explanation is the router :) I know the FritzBox but as far as I am concerned I never ever, ever use a routers Ethernet ports I don't care what the manufacturer says on the box.

I use powered managed switches, (I have 2, that's because I'm too lazy to run Ethernet from downstairs to upstairs) all my Ethernet connected devices go through the switch, the router is connected to the switch upstairs and that is the only connection I have to router.

Get a switch, connect the router to the switch and your server to the switch and anything else that uses Ethernet.

Thank you for your answer.
    I have a spare TP-Link TL-SG105 Switch at home; I'll give it a try!

*EDIT

Unfortunately even the switch doesn't help.

I've attached the nas, my pc and the fritzbox to the switch and tried moving the same test folder.

It worked for half the tansfer and then the connection dropped. :(

• I may have found the culprit: NetBalancer

I's a little program I always install on my PCs because it gives me a way to quickly monitor the network usage in real time from Windows taskbar.

It also has a "network balancing" feature I've never used.. nonetheless I noticed that it was switched on by default.

I uninstalled the program a couple hours ago and so far so good.

I'll test it a little further but I may have finally solved my issue... fingers crossed!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I may have found the culprit: NetBalancer

Never heard of it :) personally I can't see the benefit unless my network was slowing down or there were connection problems, but there are other tools to use without third party stuff.

• Never heard of it :) personally I can't see the benefit unless my network was slowing down or there were connection problems, but there are other tools to use without third party stuff.

I found it useful to have a live monitor of the network speed in my taskbar, that's really the only thing I used it for.

Anyway, thank you very much for your patience and for taking the time to give me advices! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!