Filesystems Quota

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Filesystems Quota

Hi,
      I found some problem with set quota on OMV 0.5.6 (fresh install 0.5.0.24 and update to 0.5.6), when i try set quota for any user or group it no any action after click Save button.
      Also you can see on screenshot small red triangles, i think somthing wrong on this fields.
      Can anyone try set quota on your OMV 0.5.6?
      Files
    • Re: Filesystems Quota

By save, you did mean you pressed the green button at the top right of the screen to save the changes.
      New to OMV? Take a look at our Tutorials and How To's: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1289
      USB Sticks/CF Cards Should not be used as System Drive http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1673
      No Support through PM. Please open a new thread.

OMV 0.4.38 64bit (Fedaykin), Plex Media Server, miniDLNA
      Athlon II X2 3.4ghz, 8gb mem, 160gb WD Black system drive, 2 1tb WD Black storage drives - JBOD no LVM

Mountain Dew - Because man does not live by bread alone!

You may need to wait some seconds or may click on another section in the webinterface. The green button should appear.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

Sorry, the same problem, i attach new screenshot. When i pressed to Save button we can see red triangles in changed fields(green button not active). When i click on another place in web-interface nothing happened and window "Edit quota" still active. I can only click to close this window or Cancel button on this window, but on any case green button not active too.

How to reproduce it:
      1. install OMV from openmediavault_0.5.0.24_amd64.iso
      2. install all updates from Update Manager (this upgrade OMV to 0.5.6)
      3. install LVM2 plugin
      4. create any logical volume with EXT4
      5. create any test user
      6. try to set Quta for this test user in Filesystems section

I think this bug...
      Files

How to reproduce it:
      2. install all updates from Update Manager (this upgrade OMV to 0.5.6)
      3. install LVM2 plugin
      5. create any test user
      6. try to set Quta for this test user in Filesystems section

After Step 5 of create any test user, and before Step 6;

did you create and assign a user share to them from the "Shared Folders" tab?

My thinking is quota may not work before a share is assigned to the user. If this is true then possibly OMV should check to see if a share is assigned to the user and if so proceed with quota, if not then error with message of "User Share Not created or available. Either create or mount share for user."
      New to OMV? Take a look at our Tutorials and How To's: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1289
      USB Sticks/CF Cards Should not be used as System Drive http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1673

Athlon II X2 3.4ghz, 8gb mem, 160gb WD Black system drive, 2 1tb WD Black storage drives - JBOD no LVM

Thanks for reporting a bug. It will be fixed in openmediavault 0.5.7.
      The red corners in the grid shows you cells that have been modified.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit

After Step 5 of create any test user, and before Step 6;

Thanks for addition step, now i tryed it but result the same.

Thanks for reporting a bug. It will be fixed in openmediavault 0.5.7.
      The red corners in the grid shows you cells that have been modified.

Thanks for explaining about red triangles and accept this bug!
      I'm glad to help improve an excellent NAS distro!

It is bug, look for it to be fixed in the next update. When you do the update please let us know if it is fixed.

Thank You

Thanks for super fast update!

Now I done following steps:

2. install all updates from Update Manager (this upgrade OMV to 0.5.7)
      3. install LVM2 plugin
      5. create any test user
      6. try to set Quota for this test user in Filesystems section
      7. it works as expected!

Thank you very much!

Today i tested 0.5.8.
      I create a filesystem with ext4
      i have several users and groups.
      there are shared folders an 2 smb/cifs for the windows clients.

When i activate quota at the filesystem , i get the following error message after pushing apply the changes.

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf quota 2>&1': quotacheck: Prüfe /dev/sdb1 [/media/41b0b996-59fa-462f-8dfc-c255b1e0707e] quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte user-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte group-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte user-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte group-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: 4 Verzeichnisse und 1 Dateien geprüft quotacheck: Kann Dateisystem /media/41b0b996-59fa-462f-8dfc-c255b1e0707e nicht als les- und schreibbar ummounten. Kann neue Quotadateien nicht schreiben. fertig

and in the frame of the windows

Source Code

1. Error #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf quota 2>&1': quotacheck: Prüfe /dev/sdb1 [/media/41b0b996-59fa-462f-8dfc-c255b1e0707e] quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte user-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte group-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte user-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: Kann stat() für alte group-Quotadatei aufrufen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden quotacheck: 4 Verzeichnisse und 1 Dateien geprüft quotacheck: Kann Dateisystem /media/41b0b996-59fa-462f-8dfc-c255b1e0707e nicht als les- und schreibbar ummounten. Kann neue Quotadateien nicht schreiben. fertig' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/quota.inc:42 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(162): OMVModuleQuota->applyConfig() #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(231): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #8 {main}

Any Ideas?

Kindly regards
      JK