Installing Bittorrent Sync

• Hello,

i have searched around trying to find a good way to install Bittorrent Sync plugin.
    I tested the other post on this forum without any luck.

Does anyone have a guide to install this?
    Or is there another good solution to sync multiple computers to different folders, also android phones?
    Since alot of pictures is taken by the phone a good backup/sync is needed.

Regards
    Frode

• Exactly where do you encounter a problem with installing it?

I tested it before and it installs just fine on OMV.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You cannot execute files on your data drives. You have to install btsync to something like /btsync/btsync or /home/btsysnc/btsync to be able to execute it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I followed every step in the guide. The only thing i made different was editing the username in btsync from
    user="andrii" # YOU MUST REPLACE THIS BY YOUR USER
    to
    user="FrodeH" # YOU MUST REPLACE THIS BY YOUR USER

• Let me guess, you setup the storage path to something like "/media/B0407D3D407D0AFC/Brukere//FrodeH/" ?
    You don't have to set this up in the configuration, you can do that in the webinterface, but go into your config file again and check if you misspelled the filepath (double / could be the problem), but as I said, no need to set it up in the conf file. You can do that in the webinterface.

Greetings
    David

• Here is my btsync

To me it looks like it gets the folder from "users homegroup".

But how can you get the settings for this up inside webinterface?

• I will take a closer look at it tomorrow, and setup a guide that works on omv.

Greetings
    David

• Just a small heads up. I'm running btsync fine here but I'm still unable to hook it to an unpriviliged user despite it should be supported out of the box. I need to do some more digging or ask over at the btsync forum.

Greetings
    David

Update: Got it running with an unpriviliged user, but that seems to be blocking the usage of the webinterface, waiting for verification on the btsync forums.

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!