Simple way to move large files via USB on HC2 (OMV4)

• Hello there,

Sorry for creating a second topic this week, but couldn't find anything upon searching.

Previously I've tried using WinSCP but for some reason it filled up the micro sd card badly and I just reinstalled the OMV. I am very clueless with linux unfortunately but like the challenge, time is the trouble however.

Since I don't want to reinstall the system again, I am reluctant to try a different file manager to avoid getting the system filled up. More so, file didn't copy because it was a lot larger than the system partition on micro sd card.

So the question, how to move large 50gb+ files to USB without causing drama and which tool would you recommend?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you have the USB drive mounted on your HC2.

One option is to create shared folders in the GUI of OMV and point them to folders on the USB drive. Then you can create rsync jobs to copy/sync the data from one shared folder on the USB drive to another shared folder on the main drive.

Another option is to use midnight commander (mc). mc can be used via CLI (putty for example). To install apt-get install mc then run with mc.

You will find your drives in the folder /srv/.

Also have a look at the guide linked in my signature.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another option is to use the usb backup plugin. Main purpose of this plugin is probably to backup the content of the server to an attached USB drive, but it can be also used in the other direction.
    But it might be, that it is only possible to import the content of the complete USB drive to a shared folder on the server drive.

• Thanks mate, I'll try that tonight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!