Custom VPN provider - haugene transmission-openvpn

• Hi,

Can someone explain me (step by step ) how to setup a custom VPN provider (ExpressVPN) in this plugin?

I know I have to set:
    OPENVPN_PROVIDER=CUSTOM
    OPENVPN_USERNAME=myusername
    OPENVPN_PASSWORD=mypassword

I put my config file from ExpressVPN to for example /home directory and in docker under "Extra args" I paste something like this:

-v /home/my_expressvpn_uk_-_east_london_udp.ovpn:/etc/openvpn/custom/default.ovpn

Log file:

Code
    Using OpenVPN provider: CUSTOM
    No VPN configuration provided. Using default.
    Setting OPENVPN credentials...
    Mon Jan 14 16:27:24 2019 WARNING: --keysize is DEPRECATED and will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6
    Mon Jan 14 16:27:24 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.6 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Apr 24 2018
    Mon Jan 14 16:27:24 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016, LZO 2.08
    Mon Jan 14 16:27:24 2019 neither stdin nor stderr are a tty device and you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd - can't ask for 'Enter Auth Username:'.  If you used --daemon, you need to use --askpass to make passphrase-protected keys work, and you can not use --auth-nocache.
    Mon Jan 14 16:27:24 2019 Exiting due to fatal error

What did I do wrong?

I don't have a "openvpn" folder in etc is this normal?

• HI!

Can you help me?

I do the Same as you has written here. Only with my path to my config file in extra arguments. /sharedfolders/.../... but the log file says "
    Using OpenVPN provider: CUSTOM
    No VPN configuration provided. Using default."

So i can´get acces to the gui of transmission and have no tunnel connection.

When i set without extra arguments and take in provider my paid provider it works. but i need to setup a p2p vpn server so i need the custom funtion.

Have an idea?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!