Odd Syncthing Behaviour post 1.0.0 release

• Hi,

I've had an odd problem with Syncthing since the 1.0.0 release, and although I've gotten it working, a) not sure if anyone else has this problem, and b) not sure if my fix is correct or not.

The problem has been that my Syncthing instances wouldn't start up on the server with an error complaining that it couldn't create a LOCK file in /bin/.config/syncthing/index-v0.14.0.db , and that another instance of syncthing might be running. This turns out to be a bit of a red herring. After fiddling around for a while, I found that the problem was caused by this Github issue , in particular, the

ProtectSystem=strict

addition to the systemd config file. Commenting this line out allows it to properly start up again.

So while it's great that it's now running, my main question is - is this the right thing to do? I saw a reference somewhere that suggested that /bin was perhaps not the right place to store the .config directory, but I don't ever recall having chosen to put it there. So perhaps it's a leftover from what is likely a fairly old (3.x) OMV installation of Syncthing, and needs to be moved elsewhere?

Any commentary gratefully received...

Cheers,

Peter.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!