CPU is quite busy - how to check why?

• Hi,
    sometimes my CPU is quite busy. I would like to check what is going on.
    Is there something like the task-manager I know from windows...sorry long time windows-user...but I am getting better with linux!

I found the list of processes in System Information - but this is not much help for me...is it me - or the system.

Thanks for a hint.

Best.
    F.

MoBo: Fujitsu D3417-B
    CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
    RAM: Samsung DDR4 - 8 GB ECC
    Case: Fractal Design Node 80
    HDD: SSD 64GB (System), 2*3TB+1*4TB (Data) + 1*4TB (Parity). UnionFS + Snapraid
    OMV 4
    Router: Fritzbox 7590

• Install a copy of htop.

Is this a plugin?
    Where do I find it?
    Thanks.
    F.

OMV 4

• It's not a Plugin.

In a root shell run:

apt-get install htop

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• htop will not give additional information about what processes use cpu then what is already shown in the "Processes" view in the web gui. Which itself is simply the output of top, from what i remember at the moment already sorted by cpu usage descending.

@FFrank
    Have a look at the processes tab in system information and find out, which processes have the highest cpu usage values.
    If you are not familiar with the process name, try to search the net or come back with a screenshot of your Processes view.

• Thanks for all your answers. I actually did all of them :)
    Installed Netdata and htop.
    I realised that htop is the same than the list of processes in OMV.
    So thanks for this advice:

@FFrank
    Have a look at the processes tab in system information and find out, which processes have the highest cpu usage values.
    If you are not familiar with the process name, try to search the net or come back with a screenshot of your Processes view.

Best.
    Fabian

OMV 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!