No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4)

• Hi all,

I finally got started on a XU4 (ODROID) to replace my C1+ (also ODROID).
    Mysteriously I get access to one disk and the shares on it and NO access to another (more important) disk and the shares on that.
    Both disks are NTFS (I know ext4 is preferred), but with NTFS I can still hook them up to my WIN10 machines if necessary...

I can see and READ from the shares, but mysteriously I cannot write to them.
    So I tried to find out if something was wrong with the rights of the shares or the mounting procedure. As you can see below the accessible share seems to be in /sharedfolders/ and the others in some instance of /srv/

/dev/sda2………. /sharedfolders/MDSRVR

/dev/sdb4………. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-hc.SERVER

/dev/sdb5………. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-system.SERVER

/dev/sdb2………. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-grl.SERVER

/dev/sdb3………. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-work.SERVER

I suppose something could be wrong with the disks so I already ran NTFSFIX on them.
    Also I am thinking maybe some "old" and "wrong" references might result in this? I am not sure how to fix that...

What am I overlooking?

Thanks for your suggestions (in advance).

HansCie

• Hi everyone checking this thread looking for an answer...

The easiest way to fix this is to have the concerning disks (NTFS format) attached to a USB port of a WIN10 machine and have WIN10 shutdown fully while that HDD is connected to your windows system. This full shutdown is performed by : Shift + Left click on shutdown button on windows 10.

(found this through: NTFS Support)

For me this did the trick and I now have full access on all the (NTFS) shares of my OMV.

I also have for speed (and backup) reasons a complete set of ext4 shares attached to this and a remote OMV.

Hope this helps other people walking into this problem.

Best regards,

HansCie

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!