How does OMV system backup work for ARM?

• Hi,

I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data folders.

It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed. This is a new system, works great, good time to perform system backup - it's clean! 8o

Also, I am reading up in Odroid forum, trying to figure out if I could or should install OMV directly onto the sata hd, as a service, boot off sd and have everything on sata drive. If so, I'll reinstall and clone the system off my win 10 machine. Thoughts? So far I reading armbian is buggy with debian stretch on the h2.

Anyone please comment. Thank You !

Odroid HC2/2GB/1TB HD (OMV4)

Odroid N2/4GB/32GBMMC/(2)1TB SSD/(2)2TB HD

Odroid N2/4GB/IFTTT misc drives/test unit

Old Droid TRS-80

Old Droid TI-99/4A

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Netstumbler () aus folgendem Grund: added hd size and another thought about future installation possibility.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do system backups of my HC2s by removing the SD card and cloning it offline using my Linux laptop.

I use one Armbian HC2 as an app server more than a NAS. It has a 512 GB SSD. And it has the root fs on the SSD. Easy with Armbian, the config app does it. When I want to do a system backup I boot from another SD card and clone sda1 to a network share. It is not fully automatic, but it could be.

I try very hard to avoid using any rootfs for data. That way I only have to perform system backups after I have changed something. Also the SD cards last longer. Data is backed up at least daily using rsync snapshots.

I use partclone and dd to clone the cards. I use rsync to clone sda1 on the Armbian HC2. I use rsync, cron and scripts to backup data.

It could be interesting if it was possible to boot two Linux installs on a HC2. For instance first boot from SD card and automatically backup sda1. Then reboot to sda1. That way you can do a offline system backup simply by rebooting. It should be simple, but I haven't looked into it. My current system works, even if it is a bit too fiddly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed.

Nope. It was never there. clonezilla doesn't work on arm.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• RESOLVED! Thanks everyone. I do think after just now trying all of the above (OMV backup, winsysimage32, and some other clone sw) I think I prefer just cloning it on my laptop. That seems headache free when or if I actually have the need for it.

This little headless HC2 unit is a perfect fit for my nas. Thanks Adoby, for the explanation in an earlier post. In a couple weeks after getting to know this more I will pick up a primary nas with HDMI out to tinker more using it as pri nas and the hc2 as backup.

Thanks again --

Odroid HC2/2GB/1TB HD (OMV4)

Odroid N2/4GB/32GBMMC/(2)1TB SSD/(2)2TB HD

Odroid N2/4GB/IFTTT misc drives/test unit

Old Droid TRS-80

Old Droid TI-99/4A

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!