Docker failing to re-install

• I've noticed that the docker plugin was not following the set data path and still defaulted to /var/lib/docker. Long story short I tried moving the folder with a symbolic link but it did not work so one of the posts here said you have to remove the plugin first and so I did. After I ensured there is no symbolic link I tried to re-install Docker but it failed every time. The install error makes a reference to an existing /etc/default/docker file which is not present and it says something about Bad Gateway so I'm not sure what is happening. Any suggestions? Docker-CE is enabled also.

• not sure but looks like

Code
    Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/containerd.service → /lib/systemd/system/containerd.service

The symlink exist or can't be created

• Offizieller Beitrag

Configuration file '/etc/default/docker'

There is another long thread about this. You need to do another apt-get -f install and then answer yes to replacing /etc/default/docker. We are working on a fix.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is another long thread about this. You need to do another apt-get -f install and then answer yes to replacing /etc/default/docker. We are working on a fix.

Sorry I didn't see the other thread, must me my old eyes ;). This solution worked! Installed docker, which had the error. Then ran apt-get -f install docker. After that I still had to install docker in the gui and voila, working! It still doesn't care for a custom base bath nor does it like the symbolic link to another location (fails to install if the link is there /var/lib/docker > to another location with files>). I'll figure this one, the whole thing with changing noexec to exec does not work for me as the drive I'm pointing to is ZFS and I don't think it even mounts in fstab.

• Another finding is that Docker does not play nice with ZFS on OMV.

I followed this guide to redirect the base path to a ZFS pool however it won't use the existing files moved from /var/lib/docker
    https://angristan.xyz/docker-zfs-pool/

If I try it from scratch I can confirm that Docker creates the basic folders/files in the ZFS pool however when using the existing files it doesn't want to load any of the containers. I've confirmed the redirection using the daemon.json file works, and I also proved that using symbolic links with Docker works too however if I take the existing containers and stick it on the ZFS it breaks. Ownership permissions look the same and I use rsync -avp everytime so I'm just not sure what is going on. I may have to stick the Docker folder on a non ZFS drive sadly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!