Boinc on your home server?

• PS I owe you a sticker.
    PM me with your address and I'll send you a sticker.

There are 2 tricks - enable remote management on your OMV server/set a remote management password. Use the BOINC client from a Windows/Linux/OSX machine to configure processing, pick your projects, network uploads, etc.

• There are 2 tricks - enable remote management on your OMV server/set a remote management password. Use the BOINC client from a Windows/Linux/OSX machine to configure processing, pick your projects, network uploads, etc

If you can show how to do it, I'll send you a sticker also.

• works best when you run this from the command line - the EV for boinc/client "runtime" can be nvidia, intel, amd,or multi-gpudocker run -d \ --name boinc \ --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri \ --device /dev/kfd:/dev/kfd \ --net=host \ --pid=host \ --group-add video \ -v /opt/appdata/boinc:/var/lib/boinc \ -e BOINC_GUI_RPC_PASSWORD="123" \ -e BOINC_CMD_LINE_OPTIONS="--allow_remote_gui_rpc" \ boinc/client:amdBOINC client = https://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.phpsetup for BOINC client - once you run the client, choose file/select computer (ip address), password = 123, thats it, once it connects you can set-up your preferences - I choose 50% CPU, run always, network alwaysWatchtower will automagically keep the server updated, sometines you have to add your projects again after updates, so I keep an eye on it via Glances.

• let me try to make this cleaner with spaces

works best when you run this from the command line - the EV for boinc/client "runtime" can be nvidia, intel, amd,or multi-gpu

docker run -d \ --name boinc \ --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri \ --device /dev/kfd:/dev/kfd \ --net=host \ --pid=host \ --group-add video \ -v /opt/appdata/boinc:/var/lib/boinc \ -e BOINC_GUI_RPC_PASSWORD="123" \ -e BOINC_CMD_LINE_OPTIONS="--allow_remote_gui_rpc" \ boinc/client:amd

BOINC client = boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.phpsetup for BOINC client - once you run the client, choose file/select computer (ip address), password = 123, that's it, once it connects you can set-up your preferences - I choose 50% CPU, run always, network always

Watchtower will automagically keep the server updated, sometimes you have to add your projects again after updates, so I keep an eye on it via Glances.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!