Howto restore image backup from Urbackup by PXE

• Hello,
    I'd like to restore an image backup to a (windows) client by using PXE. I've read the documentation on the Urbackup wiki, but it was not really helpful for me on OMV. I'm using OMV via the webgui, DHCP is provided by fritz box. Please advise how to proceed.

Here's what I did:

• Setup a TFTP server with appropriate DHCP server
      -> Install TFTP plugin
      -> For DHCP: I could install dnsmasq but as I already have a DHCP server (fritz box), I'd probably better use a DHCP proxy (see OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin).
      How do I install a DHCP proxy on OMV?
    • Unzip the UrBackup-Live-Restore ISO in a directory called urbackup (using e.g. 7zip)
      -> I downloaded the Urbackup recovery ISO (Download)
      -> To upload to OMV I've created a share in the SMB plugin refering to the same share that Urbackup writes to ("Backup"), disabled read only und extracted the iso to a subfolder pxelinux (as an urbackup folder was already existing there). Then I selet the Backup share as shared folder in the TFTP plugin.
      Would you recommend a different folder - as I'm probably exposing my Backup share via TFTP now?
    • Edit your pxelinux.cfg/default file as below (replace the ip address of the server)
      -> Now I assume this is different on OMV: I need to configure the PXE plugin. Selected the same share as above for the location of the PXE files, for Entries I set Group: Urbackup, LABEL: Urbackup Restore, KERNEL: pxelinux/live/vmlinuz, APPEND: initrd=pxelinux/live/initrd.img boot=live config username=urbackup toram noswap fetch=tftp://192.168.178.57/pxelinux/live/filesystem.squashfs, the others I left empty

As soon as the DHCP is configured correctly I should be able to boot the client via PXE and select the image to be restored, right?

Thanks for any advice on best-practice
    Christian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!