Can't activate openvpn plugin

• Hi,

I've build a brand new system with this specs:

openmediavault version 4.1.17-1 (Arrakis)
    CPU Intel Pentium Silver J5005
    Kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd
    8GB RAM

I've installed openvpn as a plugin.

In the servive section add the gateway-interface and public address. Enable the plugin and after apply I got this error:

I'm not able to enable openvpn-plugin.

Also, after deinstalling the plugin, it does not delete completely. In service section is still openvpn available, but with deinstalled plugin I get the error:

Code
    RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found.

Don't know what's broken....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, after deinstalling the plugin, it does not delete completely. In service section is still openvpn available, but with deinstalled plugin I get the error:

Clear your browser cache.

I only put this plugin in the repo because a few people said it worked for them. It seems to have problems with a lot of people though. It won't be ported to OMV 5.x either.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Clear your browser cache.
    I only put this plugin in the repo because a few people said it worked for them. It seems to have problems with a lot of people though. It won't be ported to OMV 5.x either.

The plugin had been previously working great for me for many months, but after a fresh install I’m having problems as well. I tried the openvpn-as docker container and am getting a permissions issue when it tries to run the /scripts folder. Being that the plugin isn’t being ported to 5.x.x what would your recommendation be for remote access? I may end up trying to set up reverse proxy’s for all of my services, but the vpn connection worked great and was previously super easy to set up, so I’d like to stay with something similar if possible.

• Offizieller Beitrag

what would your recommendation be for remote access?

I use ssh and don't use any vpn. I might start using wireguard and I guess there are some wireguard dockers out there.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use ssh and don't use any vpn. I might start using wireguard and I guess there are some wireguard dockers out there.

I have interest in wireguard too, please when test it, open a new thread and share your experience ( and a how to install & configure are welcome too)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!