Nas to offload trough via openvpn

• Hello, and my apologies if this has been discussed in multitudes, i tried the search function and only fount one thread that discusses this, but im at an impass where i want to overtake this complex problem to fiddle with to pass my time
    i have recently setup my nas on an rpi 2 to serve my home network to share files between a pc and a laptop that is attached to the network, the network hosts files on one drive which is acting as a backup for photos and random hosts of distro files for easy access.

i am going to take a trip to asia soon and i became curious, would it be possible to setup that rpi2 nas as a remote offload server for encrypted file containers made from an android device over vpn, in this case most likely openvpn will be used as the plugin for omv is there, now i understand that this plugin is for a server connection, therefore i have an old laptop that i could most likely configure to work in the same network as a server, the whole project is mainly to backup photographs to the other drive on the nas that currently sits empty.
    now speed isnt the largest issue as this also helps in the project because i know i will be in areas that do not offer high speed internet, therefore the project would be most likely limited by onsite internet speed than what the server could put out at best

now i need some advice finding the necessary documentation to overtake this project.
    as network instability might be an issue i came to the conclusion that configuring transmission to download the files over p2p would most likely be the most efficient way to do over a vpn setup anyway,
    unless anyone else has any better native solutions to this, the reason i want to setup the openvpn to tunnel out everything is mainly due to the possible unknown countrywise restrictions to connections, so mostly to get a straight link to my home network
    and also because i could most likely see trough the remote connection when said file is 100% synced if im not mistaken.

so in theory i guess im asking is it possible to setup the rpi2 as a file host, after setting up a openvpn laptop (server) on my home network
    what i would require the rpi to do is allow me to access my home network from the vpn and then trough the transmission plugin let me activate a p2p download from said nas so that my android device would start offloading these files directly to my home network

i have a home network that basically never has downtime and in case of failure can be reset while im offsite which is why im looking to overtake this project, i know using google drive or any other form of file hosting is an option but this is mainly for me to pass the time while i try and tackle some setting up problems etc and for future convenience

i am already sorry over this long post and apologize for any mistakes made in writing as english is not my native language,
    i would appreciate any guides to be posted to this thread in relativity to said project or atleast any guidance on overtaking this project regards to security wise etc any input is welcome,

With regards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!