Virtualbox on OMV question

• Quick question, I would like to run a virtualbox of Windows 10 on my OMV host computer. I would like to access this virtual machine on my host machine (not through a web browser or web gui but using the OMV's host display). My current setup is the opposite of that (Windows 10 running an OMV virtual machine) and I am beginning to see the limitations of this implementation, especially since this PCs primary function is to be a NAS and secondary function is to allow access to office, web browser, youtube, etc. If this is possible please help me out. Can I do this through the virtualbox plugin or should I be installing a version of virtualbox through the terminal?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I do this through the virtualbox plugin or should I be installing a version of virtualbox through the terminal?

While possible, we recommend against doing this since it would require a desktop environment to be installed. Why not use a cheap arm board with the keyboard, mouse, monitor connected to it and RDP into the Windows 10 VM?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I want to do the same thing but with ubuntu, I have the virtualbox plugin installed and working but I can't view it via vnc and I want to be able to open the VM via the terminal, but I don't know how to do all that..
    Thank you for helping :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!