OMV 4.x.x installtion hanging

• Hello, brand new user here. I'm trying to install from USB onto an SSD. Everything seems to work, but the process hangs at "complete the installation" and says it will reboot into the new OS. I remove the thumb drive, hit Enter, and the system churns away for a few seconds then brings me back to the same screen, "complete the installation." This just repeats.

If I do a hardware reset, I get a message that's there no bootable media,so clearly the installation has not completed.

What's going on? Am I completely missing something?

My CPU is an AMD Athlon X4 860K. and the proposed system drive is a 32Gb SSD.

Thanks to anyone who's willing to assist the noob.

• Additional info. Forcing a UEFI boot from the SSD gives me a string of "no arrays" messages and fails to find some files it needs; Finally, the system drops to a shell. At this point I can do nothing since my keyboard is not being recognized.

• Are you sure that you are choosing the right installation path during the installation? There is a question to choose installation path and you need to make sure that you choose the SSD. There might be other partitions on the SSD from before that are creating boot issues as well. You could install Grub on bootable USB and clean all partition from the SSD and format the SSD to EXT4 before you begin OMV installation, but you should be able to do so from the installation menu as well.

• Yes, I chose the SSD as the install path. It's a brand new SSD that has only been used in this build, though this is my second installation attempt. The first try was with this same thumb drive using UNetbootin (on a Mac) to make the ISO, whereas this time I reformatted the thumb drive (FAT32), redownloaded the ISO on a different machine (a PC), and used Etcher to make the bootable drive. Exactly the same result.

Is formatting the SSD as EXT4 essential? The guides I read do not specify that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I do a hardware reset, I get a message that's there no bootable media,so clearly the installation has not completed.

here this should resolve the problem

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!