Autoshutdown plugin not shutting down server

• I've been trying to suss out why the server won't automatically shutdown on me and I think it might be because it is finding devices connected to my network when pinging.

Below is part of the log while in FAKE mode

I might be wrong but it finds 6 ip's however only 1 has access to the server (there is also a 2nd pc which has access), I'm not sure how to determine what the others are. I have a smart tv, smart display, tablet and two mobiles on the same network, which presumably are the others. I'm guessing because those are found it won't shutdown?

• I'm guessing because those are found it won't shutdown?

Yes! You have to exclude this devices from the device list (IP range section) which is checked by autoshutdown.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Having thought about it after posting, I'm probably better of only allowing it to look for my PC and the other one?

While I do have DHCP on, I'm expecting all my devices incl pc use the same IP due to how long the lease for them is

• While I do have DHCP on, I'm expecting all my devices incl pc use the same IP due to how long the lease for them is

It depends also from the kind of router / DHCP server which you are using. Many routers offers a configuration option to assign always the same IP address to a device independent of the the lease time. Some do this automatically without manual configuration need.
    In worst case you could give the PC a static IP address which is usually in a different range as DHCP.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• If I can access my PC I'll try set DHCP for a specific range while my PC can be static along with the other one

If I change the pcs to static, I might as well change the server also, or would I be better off leaving it alone?

• If I change the pcs to static, I might as well change the server also, or would I be better off leaving it alone?

Personally I do configure a server to static IP adress always. But in principle this is not mandatory for OMV.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• I left my router alone and extended the dhcp lease time to 2 weeks.

I still don't seem to have it working, my two pc have the follwing IP and this is how I entered it in OMV:

192.168.0.122, 192.168.0.220

Is the formatting or seperator wrong or why would it still not go to sleep? Does it matter I installed OMV on debian (debian first)?

---edit---

Btw, that looks like a nice M4!

• 192.168.0.122, 192.168.0.220

The IP range is only the last triple of an IP address. So please try "122,220" (without quotation marks of course).

For testing purposes you can enter a dash "-" in the IP range field. Then no IP address is checked and autoshutdown should be initiated after the waiting time. And if you enable verbose mode a lot of debug information is written to the log by the plugin.

Off Topic:

Btw, that looks like a nice M4!

:thumbup: Yes, you are totally right. Please look at my profile for more Information about the car. :D

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• That worked, the server shutdown lastnight! Thank you for your help!

I'll be going to Munich in April with a few friends to visit the BMW museum and a few other places. Must be kinda nice being close to there!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!