Docker not installing on new install

• So I was able to install the docker repo with:

Code
    apt-get install apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl gnupg2 software-properties-common

Then I:

Code
    omv-changerepo "Docker CE" enable
    omv-mkconf omvextras
    apt-get update

No errors.

Then I went to the OMV Plugins GUI, where I got this error.

And I got a dependency error:

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I was able to install the docker repo with:

I will have to start with a fresh install to see what dependency is need for omv-extras. apt-transport-https already is a dependency of omv-extras.

Then I went to the OMV Plugins GUI, where I got this error.

That makes sense. Enabling the repo does not install the docker package or the plugin. Getting the repo enabled was the important part. Now, I would purge the docker package and plugin (or maybe apt-get -f install). I really wish I could recreate this situation....

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like it wants to install docker-ce now that the docker gui is uninstalled.

That is fine. Says yes to that question. And you didn't want to purge omvextras. That will remove the docker repo that you just got enabled.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I do. See my post above.

I didn't mean to try and jack this thread, but nothing I do help. I keep getting the same error and I'm not sure what you're referring to, as using any part of the UI doesn't solve the problem. I'm really at a loss here, as this started yesterday for no apparent reason.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't mean to try and jack this thread, but nothing I do help. I keep getting the same error and I'm not sure what you're referring to, as using any part of the UI doesn't solve the problem. I'm really at a loss here, as this started yesterday for no apparent reason.

I wasn't trying to say that you were. At this point, I need to figure out how to recreate it (or see the right output from one of you). Until then, the UI is not the place to fix it. I just created a fresh install and this problem does not happen. I was also hoping that some of the stuff I am having technodadlife try would help you too.

• I wasn't trying to say that you were. At this point, I need to figure out how to recreate it (or see the right output from one of you). Until then, the UI is not the place to fix it. I just created a fresh install and this problem does not happen. I was also hoping that some of the stuff I am having technodadlife try would help you too.

I was able to recreate the error on my virtual machine.

Maybe this will help recreate:

• VM with fresh install of OMV
    • download deb file from omv extras
    • install docker

That were my steps, and I hit the error, and it was quite annoying because it was braking the web ui I needed to refresh to get rid of the of the error message enough to be able to uninstall it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I finally was as well. The only fix right now is to apt-get -f install after that and answer yes to the question. We can't do that from the web interface. Still looking for a solution.

• That seems to have fixed it, thanks. Not that I quite understand what it does, but I could finally install docker again and everything is working as before.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

4.1.3 in the repos now. I reverted a previous fix for the /etc/default/docker problem that was causing a new problem. I was just able to do a clean install and install everything from the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have had the same problem on a brand new install rpi3:

What is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii openmediavault 4.1.17-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-flashmemory 4.2.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 4.0.7-1 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.14 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4 all Web-based SSH client.

What is the output of:

omv-changerepo "Docker CE" enable
    omv-mkconf omvextras
    apt-get update

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# omv-mkconf omvextras
    ERROR: The script '/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/omvextrasomv-mkconf' does not exist
    • Offizieller Beitrag

running apt-get -f install returns:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
  • I was having the same issue for a while on a RPI 3B, but I think I found a solution. I started with a fresh install of OMV and disconnected external storage. Before I updated or upgraded anything or before changing any other variables from default, I enabled Docker then installed the Docker GUI plugin. After this was done, I made all the changes (i.e. updates, date/time, password, etc.).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before I updated or upgraded anything or before changing any other variables from default, I enabled Docker then installed the Docker GUI plugin. After this was done, I made all the changes (i.e. updates, date/time, password, etc.).

After starting up a fresh install on a RPI 3 I don't touch it for 20 minutes, because it does an auto reboot the first time it runs. At that point I access it via the web and turn on ssh and then access it through command line to perform the following four commands:

apt-get update
    dpkg --configure -a
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-initsystem

Are you saying you enable Docker and start up the GUI even before those four commands?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!