Nextcloud Broken

• Offizieller Beitrag

After almost a month of flawless operation my Nextcloud will not load from my duckdns address and I can't access it from my mobile client. I know it is still there because if I add /index.php/apps/files/?dir=/&fileid=7 to my duckdns.org address in my browser it pops up and navigates through all of the folders and apps. Also Heimdall has stopped working. When I enter its address in the browser all I get on a blank screen is "You are missing php-zip". I also added Watchtower to my OMV this last week as well as attempting a pi-hole install. I abandoned pi-hole on that machine and deleted the container and image. Watchtower appeared to be working as desired, updating several images successfully. I am afraid that my pi-hole debacle and/or Watchtower have spiked my server somehow.

The OMV server itself has not given any warnings, and appears to be working fine. I haven't any idea where to start looking, or what to look for. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have been searching in the forums and can't spot anything like this.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Not sure what could cause that problem but if I were you I would get rid of Watchtower, that thing created a lot of problems on my server, one of the problems was containers vanishing, basically the thing deleted my letsnecrypt container and my radarr container...

My advice check again your containers if they are still set properly.

I update my images and rebuild my containers manually because I kinda understand why it deleted my container.

1. you pull the image from docker hub
    2. your container still runs on your older version image name turns into a hash
    3. you stop this container
    4. you select this container press copy and give it a new name because you can't use the old name
    5. you delete the old container
    6. you delete the old image
    7 you update containers that use this container as a mounted volume (like plex uses delunge, Radarr and Sonarr mounted volumes from other containers)

Somehow Watchtower managed to screw me twice until I understood that it was causing the problem, not sure if for you is the same root cause but be aware of it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Virgil.A

Deleting Watchtower was the first thing that I did because I was pretty sure that was what caused it in the first place. I had seen the warnings and should have heeded them.

I am just hesitant to dig into Nextcloud/MariaDB/Letsencrypt/DuckDNS. I guess I could just take a peek into the containers without modifying. I have also thought about stopping and restarting the containers without modifying them and see if that fixes anything. I might start your method with Heimdall first since it is not really a crucial container. Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Virgil.A I just tried your steps with Heimdall and got no change. The page for heimdall still comes up "You are missing php-zip".

So I decided to delete container AND image and start from scratch with a clean install. Same results: "You are missing php-zip".

• never experienced that error but from a search I came across this article

https://www.digitalocean.com/c…ry-is-missing-or-disabled

related to mariadb and wordpress but still similar error

first run in your terminal: apt-cache search php7.0-*

and see if you are missing php7.0-zip on my server is present

Code
    sudo apt-get install php7.0-zip

don't forget to restart Apache

sudo service apache2 restart
    • Offizieller Beitrag

@Virgil.A Here is what I get from the command line:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I shutdown and inserted my backup sd card and rebooted. Then I repointed my shared folders to my backup data drive. After that Heimdall works, and Plex has never stopped working, but Nextcloud still refuses to load up.

@Virgil.A If I update my containers as you have described above in an attempt to get Nextcloud back up and running, what order would you update them? Would you update Nextcloud first and then see if it works without touching the other containers? I'm sure I only have one shot at this.

• I have been thinking about this but makes no sense, by any means you should be able to access it.

I wonder if the letencrypt redirects are acting up.

From your description duckdns seems to do the job of updating the IP and redirecting to the correct place.

So why is not working I have no idea at this point.

Regarding the update just update mariadb and nextcloud does not matter the order just be sure you have backed up the database and configurations.

When you access nextcloud via local ip is it working or same behaviour

• Offizieller Beitrag

Many thanks to you @Virgil.A. I finally got around to getting Nextcloud back up. Your seven steps above worked perfectly. I realized if I could reach Nextcloud locally, there was nothing wrong with Nextcloud and MariaDB containers, so I looked at DuckDNS and it looked just as it should. The problem had to be with Letsencrypt so I followed your seven steps above and everything went quite smoothly. In fact, it is better than before because I used the settings laid out in @TechnoDadLifes first Letsencrypt video. His second Letsencrypt video sets things up using sub-subdomains: nextcloud.your-domain.duckdns.org. The first video sets Nextcloud to have your-domain.duckdns.org. Much shorter, neater, more personal.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!