Error With MySQL plugin

• Hi,

I have tried to install MySQL which happened successfully. However when I tried to enable it, I always get this error. I have tried several times to try uninstalling and reinstalling MySQL but it gives me issues as well. I really don't know what to do.

When I ask for more information, it gives me this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just out of curiosity, why did you like your own post?

While I want the plugin to go away in favor of docker, you need to tell us what version of OMV you are using. Since it isn't using the mariadb config directory, I am guessing OMV 3.x in which I will tell you to install or upgrade to OMV 4.x. Otherwise, you must be trying to use the OMV 3.x version of the plugin on OMV 4.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just out of curiosity, why did you like your own post?

I really don't know lmao. Attention?

While I want the plugin to go away in favor of docker, you need to tell us what version of OMV you are using. Since it isn't using the mariadb config directory, I am guessing OMV 3.x in which I will tell you to install or upgrade to OMV 4.x. Otherwise, you must be trying to use the OMV 3.x version of the plugin on OMV 4.x.

Im using the Arrakis, 4.1.3.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird. The plugin doesn't use that directory - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…diavault/mkconf/mysql#L24 What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

I really would use docker though - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Weird. The plugin doesn't use that directory - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…diavault/mkconf/mysql#L24
    What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Ill try that.

I would love to switch over but I can't uninstall the SQL server. It keeps on giving me errors. Is there a way I can clear it from the Command line using sudo?

If I can uninstall it, Ill happily run docker.

Thanks,
    Prem

• Offizieller Beitrag

It keeps on giving me errors. Is there a way I can clear it from the Command line using sudo?

What errors? Yes, you can uninstall it from the command line. apt-get purge openmediavault-mysql

• Hi,
    I searched for a instruction video in your link - no luck...could you point me in the right direction. I want to install MySQL/Maria to manage my pictures via DigiKam and store the pictures/metadata on my NAS.
    Why do you prefer the docker approach over the plug-in?

Thanks.
    Fabian

MoBo: Fujitsu D3417-B
    CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
    RAM: Samsung DDR4 - 8 GB ECC
    Case: Fractal Design Node 80
    HDD: SSD 64GB (System), 2*3TB+1*4TB (Data) + 1*4TB (Parity). UnionFS + Snapraid
    OMV 4
    Router: Fritzbox 7590

• Offizieller Beitrag

I searched for a instruction video in your link - no luck...could you point me in the right direction.

The videos were meant to give you a general idea of how to use docker. I think the nextcloud video creates a docker plugin.

Why do you prefer the docker approach over the plug-in?

I don't want to maintain the plugin anymore due to lack of time and problems people have. Both are solved by using docker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!