snap raid error

• hello,
    I am working on a second omv raid box to determine if snapraid is preferable to my working omv which is a simple raid 5 with a usb bkup drive for safety.

The snapraid is configured with 4x3tb drives, and 2 parity drives...the data drives all have "content" and "Data" while the parity drives are parity only.
    When making configuration changes in snap raid interface, I get this error continiuously...
    "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-snapthree.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-snapthree.mount."

In the file system interface, all of the drives are "mounted", "referenced", and online"...

Synch has been ran several times in the last couple weeks, as well as scrub weekly, and the "check" was run this morning, after the error would not go away. The specific configuration change which has produced this error was an "ACL" change on another drive (snapfour drive), to allow user access to the drive and file system from other computers..,..

The "snapthree" referred to is a shared drive that has no data as of yet...

Any idea what I can do to either correct the issue, or define the issue??

Thnks

• You should place a content file on every drive that you can. There is no reason not to do this.

Put some data on that currently empty drive or remove it from the SnapRAID configuration until it does contain some data. Or you can run your sync with the --force-empty option.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• thank you gderf for your help...i have successfully added data to the empty drive, added "content" to the parity drives, synched, and all appears ok...however when i change the user privileges on the drive with the new data, i am getting the same error message. The only way i can make this error message disappear is by "revert" for the privileges....

So, at this point there is data on the drive, I can see the data/directories using "cloud commander" in a browser, but i cannot configure users so I can see the drive from my windows computers....

Seems that changes to my users privileges triggers this error message...

Possibly, I may have to change the privileges via CLI? That may change the privileges, but i have not nailed the OMV interface problem...Any other suggestions? Thnks in advance!

• I don't use ACLs at all here. Setting permissions and ownerships has always been enough to get things working.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!