SMART/Devices/Information -> Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information

• Hi,
    Since the update to version 4.1.18-1 , i get an error when i try SMART/Devices/Information.
    This occurs on every disks.

I don't remember having this trouble before and i haven't change anyting unless the automatic updates.
    -----------------------
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Smart', 'getSelfTestLogs', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}
    ----------------------------------------
    Feb 3 11:04:04 NAS omv-engined[4598]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OMV\MutexLockException() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/mutex.inc:49#012Stack trace:#012#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/mutex.inc(36): OMV\Mutex->lock()#012#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(150): OMV\Mutex->__construct('OMV\\System\\Stor...')#012#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(198): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getData()#012#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smart.inc(375): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getAttributes()#012#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmart->getAttributes(Array, Array)#012#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#012#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getAttributes', Array, Array)#012#7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Smart', 'getAttributes', Array, Array, 1)#012#8 {main}#012 thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/mutex.inc on line 49
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas ?
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Indeed there is a bug in the implementation, but that is not the problem, in your case an error will always be thrown because the semaphore could not be accessed.

Please execute the following

Bash
    $ monit stop omv-engined
    $ omv-engined -d -f

Now watch out for errors when you access the SMART WebUI. Please post them here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are doing some research it would be grteat if you could apply this to reduce the output to the origin error.

Output after applying fix;

• @votdev while users were experiencing this error, I logged into ssh and checked my disks manually using smartctl -t long on all of my disks (8 of them). They've been stuck at 90% for about 24 hours now. Could this be related to the error people were seeing, or was that strictly a gui issue with omv?

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

@votdev while users were experiencing this error, I logged into ssh and checked my disks manually using smartctl -t long on all of my disks (8 of them). They've been stuck at 90% for about 24 hours now. Could this be related to the error people were seeing, or was that strictly a gui issue with omv?

Your issue is something else. The problem that is solved in 4.1.18 was that the error count of a disc has been increased when multiple smartctl processes where accessing this disc at the same time.

• Your issue is something else. The problem that is solved in 4.1.18 was that the error count of a disc has been increased when multiple smartctl processes where accessing this disc at the same time.

I shall try to research my issue then. Thank you :)

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!